Chapter 1;

January 3rd

I get to go home today! Back to Doncaster! It’s been two years since I’ve been home. I miss my mum alot now that I think about it. I miss my home. That foreign exchange program was one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself, but it was tough. A year and a half in Florida, then my last six months in Alabama, craziness. But you know what sucks? I haven’t seen my brother in forever. I think the last time I saw him was at a celebration dinner when I was flown to London. We’re only two and a half years apart. He’s the best older brother I could ask for. I mean, he’s the greatest, but this isn’t the first time I’ve wrote about him. Now, the flight is taking off soon, and flying makes me feel sick. So I’ll write later on after I get home.

XOXO

Lexie

Closing my journal, I stuffed it in my backpack I kept at my feet. I took a deep breath as I took out my ipod. Luckily, I got Up All Night on my ipod, it always makes me feel better. I continued to take slow deep breaths as the plane took off, and we soared through the air towards my home.

-about 3hrs later-

“Hello Doncaster” I whispered to myself. I quickly gathered my things from baggage claim, and called my mum as I sat outside the airport on the curb.

“Hello?”

“Hi mum!”

“Lexie! Where are you?” She exclaimed.

“Outside the front of the airport sitting on the curb. Mum, I’ve missed you.” I wiped the stray tear brought on by my homesickness.

“I’ve missed you too honey! I’ll be there in 10 minutes, unless you see your brother anywhere.” She said, the sound of things shuffling around her followed.

“I though he wasn’t home yet. Is he?”

“He said he was going to try and beat you here, I haven’t heard a thing.” She said, I heard the familiar jingle of her keys. My phone beeped, alerting me that I have a text.

“Hold on Mum.” I read it real quick. “He said he’d be home tomorrow in time for dinner, and that he’s bringing some friends.”

“Oh honey, you’ll love them! Any who, I’m on my way. Be there soon. Bye.” She hung up.

I quickly sent a text back to my brother.

“Landed bout 10 minutes ago; Mums on her way to get me. miss you bro.”

Almost immediately, I received a response.

“Howd the flight go? miss you too. it sucks not seeing my baby sister all the time”

I rolled my eyes. Baby sister? Two and a half years you nitwit!

“The flight was okay; I slept through most of it, thanks to Up All Night:) Baby sister? really?”

I pulled my ipod out again, and slipped the buds in my ears, turning on Moments. It started to rain so I moved under the roof that jutted out. It really was the perfect setting for this song. So sweet. It was soothing. It felt as if time flew by because the next thing I knew mum was honking at me.

I throw my luggage into the back and jump in beside my mum. I threw my arms around her neck and hugged tight.

“Hey sweetie! Oh! I’ve missed my babies so much! Good thing my other baby gets home tomorrow!” She smiles, as she pulls away.

“Wait, he text you too?”

“Yea, right before I left the house.”

The entire ride home she asked me questions about what it’s like in America. How my host family treated me, what I did for my birthday. Of course I emailed her all these things, but she always has me tell my stories out loud. She says you don’t feel the same if you read it and then hear it out loud.

We get home and the first thing I do it take all my stuff upstairs and just lay down on my bed. I lay there, face down on my bed long enough to calm myself down. Damn this nervous energy. Briskly sitting up, I realized just how long it’s been. I look around, and I left when I was 15, a few months from being 16, and now I’m literally a month and a half from being 18. I went over to America with geeky glasses, braces, and the stature of a little nerd. I returned home with contacts, no more braces, and I’m a young woman now.

I rolled to the other side of the bed, knocking a picture frame off my bedside table.

“Oh my God.” I laughed. “Is that me and him? Wow!” I laughed, taking in one of the last pictures I took with my brother. We stood really close, my arms around him hugging tight, and his arms around me lifting me slightly off the ground. Goodness. Thankfully he’ll be home tomorrow. I can’t wait.

Glancing at the clock, it’s 8:45 pm. I ran downstairs got a quick bite to eat from the kitchen. Mom invited me to watch TV with her for a little bit. After the show was over I headed to my room to change and get ready for bed.

“Lou’s coming home.” I smiled as I laid down. Closing my eyes, I quickly drifted off into dreamland.

———

“Lex! Time to get up! Get ready and help me make lunch for the boys!” Mum called up the stairs.

Lunch? I looked at the clock. 10:30 in the morning!? I would sleep in on a crucial day like this! I flew out of bed and took probably the quickest shower on record in my life. I get dressed in a pair of jeans and my “Loving Life” shirt. It was a tad chilly in the house, so slipping on my slippers came right before I raced into the kitchen to help mum.

-an hour and a half later-

Bouncing up and down from where I sat on the couch was driving mum crazy.

“Why don’t you just walk around outside for a b—”

“MUM! THEY’RE HERE!” I exclaimed, interrupting her and taking off towards the front door. “LOU!” I yelled, jumping into my brother’s arms.

“Lex!? Is that really my baby sister?!” He exclaimed, wrapping his arms around me. “Lex! My baby sister is so grown up!” He laughed, not believing it one bit. “Where’s my nerdy little sister that went off to study in America go?” He asked, pinching my cheeks and poking my face.

“She grew up Lou. Two years is a long time after all. Who are these lads?” I motioned towards the four outrageously good-looking guys behind him.

“I’m Harry, and you’re… Beautiful.” Harry winked.

“Harold, my baby sister. No.” Louis said, “You’ve got me babes!” Then he pounced Harry.

“Okay, well that was weird.”

“It gets less weird the more you’re around them. Hi, I’m Liam” The guy closest to me stuck out his hand.

“Lexie.” I gladly shook it.

“I’m Zayn. And that cheeky chap over there eating in the car still is Niall.” I shook Zayn’s hand, which lead to a quick hug, then walked over to Niall.

“Hi Niall, I’m Lexie, Louis’ little sister, but you can call my Lex.” I said, he was focused on something. “Uhmm. Excuse me?”

“Oh! Hello the—” He stalled.

“Hi Niall. I’m Lexie.” I laughed at him.

“You-You’re Lou’s nerdy little sister?” Some food fell out of his mouth and onto his lap.

I nodded, giggling as he quickly wiped it off with one hand and extended the other out to shake mine.

“Lex! C’mon! We need to catch up!” Louis called from the door, I helped the guy lug in their luggage. They’re spending the night for a few nights till they can get out to Harry’s bugalo. I think that’s what Louis was telling mom. She had no problem with it, but I did. Louis’ room was NOT big enough for all of them, and that meant either a) for the next couple of days we loose the living room, b) I loose my room, since mine is quite a bit bigger then Lou’s, or c) co-ed sleepover.

Either way, I really don’t think I’m ready… but I’ll just take it one day at a time. Time for lunch, this ought to be good.

--

A/N; So this is on Tumblr, it's 30-something chapters long and still in the works. If you want the rest of it, let me know :)

xoxo

Nicki