Chapter 13;

I wanted to run up the stairs and check to see if everything was okay, but Liam’s arm around me stopped me.

“Let them talk it out, Lex. Lou probably can’t talk to you right now. Let Niall take charge.” He spoke softly in my ear.

“Okay, keep me busy.” I sighed, he nodded, and suggested a game.

10 minutes later.

We started playing a video game. Mario Karts. The sad thing is, I suck at this game and I was beating Liam by two laps.

“LEXIE! You told me you weren’t any good at this game!” He complained, pouting.

“I’M NOT!?” I chimed in disbelief. “Apparently, you’re WORSE then I am!” I laughed as Liam crashed.

“How’d I do that!?” He exclaimed, hitting random buttons on the controller. “Hm..” He got up, right as I was about to win and turned the system off.

“LIAM!?” I punched him in the arm. “I was actually WINNING that one!” I fell back in frustration, laying on the ground. I closed my eyes, as I heard Zayn laugh.

“Liam is a cheater! He always does that when he’s losing.” Liam just smiled at me.

“I do not. I was just done playing.” He got off the floor and went back to the couch to get his phone.

“Thanks Liam… just leave me here!” I just laid there, not moving. Thinking. “Wonder what’s going on upstairs.” I whispered to myself.

“Heyy Niall.” Katie called, I sat up so fast I almost fell back over.

We made eye-contact and he came straight to me. His smile gave me hope all was okay.

“Louis wants to talk to you.” He whispered in my ear, hugging me tightly to his body.

“Okay… I’ll be back in a few minutes…” I slowly stood up, I looked around. Everyone chose that moment to go back to what they were previously doing.

Harry and Katie were talking, about what, only God knows. Liam was texting Danielle and Zayn was trying to get his attention. Niall had made his way towards the kitchen.

I slowly ascended the stairs. I got to the top and I turned towards Louis’ room. Just outside his door, I heard him on the phone. After he hung up, I knocked on it softly.

“Come in.” I walked in. It was the first time I’ve ever felt awkward standing in his room.

“Hi Lou.” I said, not looking at him.

“Lexie… I’m sorry.” He walked over and hugged me. My arms wrapped around his waist, hugging him back.

“Lou, I’M sorry… I should have told you I liked Niall.” I looked into his eyes.

“About that… I thought we told each other everything Lex?” His eyes took on a sad glow.

“We do… I-I was just worried about talking to YOU about BOYS I like.” I replied, sitting down on his bed.

“I get that Lex, I’m your older brother. I’ll be protective over you. I’ll be a weirdo and stalk your date, like I said I would. But Lex, you have to understand, you have to see things from my perspective. You’re my little sister, you’re so small, and fragile. I don’t want anything happening to you under my watch. You’re going to start dating, I get that. You’ve probably liked boys for years now. I get that too. But Lexie, I’ve had my heart broken a few times, and it’s the worst feeling in the world. I just don’t want to see my little sister be put through it. Lex, when you were younger and you were getting bullied. You want to know why they suddenly quit?” I nodded. ” I beat them up and shoved them in their own lockers. No one was going to make my sister cry then, and no one is going to make her cry now.” He pulled me close for a sidehug. ” Lex, I just hope you understand. I feel like I’m responsible for being your older brother, and a father-figure. Since ya know, our dad just kind of left us.” He took a breath.