Chapter 25;

—Two weeks later; Lexie’s POV—

I  GO HOME TODAYYYYY! YESSSS!

I jumped out of bed, and started to hobble around the room, getting all my things together.

“Lexie, you need to calm down.” Zayn laughed.

“Zayn, how many times have you been here, stayed a bit, then left?” I asked, pausing infront of my bag.

“A lot…” He answered.

“Exactly, I’ve left this room a total of zero times since I got here, CUT MEH SOME SLACK!” I threw my empty ice cream bowl at him.

“Hey now! If you throw things at me, I’ll get after you.” He warned winking at me.

“Oh really. I’ll tell Niall.” I shot back, throwing stuff in my bag.

“What’s he going to do babes? Eat my food?” He laughed at his joke.

“I’m sure, need it be, he could take you.” I winked at him, shoving more stuff into my bag. “Ugh! WHERE ARE THEY?!”

“Liam is almost here.” Zayn told me, looking up from his phone.

“Li? I thought the others were coming too… and we were going out for lunch…” I recalled the conversation we had just a few days ago.

“We are, but don’t you want to shower first? You HAVE been in the hospital for almost a month…”

I thought about it, and a shower would be amazing right now. I just nodded, and he went back to texting Liam.

I started to hum, I was halfway through the song when the door creaked open.

“Hey Elizabeth!” I called, waving her in.

“Hey Lexie dear, the doctor wanted me to check some things before you leave.” She smiled at me, and laughed when she saw my packing job.

“I’m usually more organized I swear, I’m just ready to get out of here ya know.” She nodded.

“This place can get pretty monotonous after a while.” She made some notes on a paper in my file.

“I’ll miss you Elizabeth!” I exclaimed, hugging her.

“I’ll miss you too Lexie! You are just a laugh. I loved talking to you as much as we did!” She hugged me back. “The other nurses will miss you, too! In fact, we go you something.” She smirked at me. “Leslie!”

Nurse Leslie brought in small bouquet of roses, white and pink.

“Awe! Guys! No! You shouldn’t have!” I exclaimed, my hand flying to cover my mouth.

“It’s nothing major, but you were just the life of this floor every day since you’ve been awake. We’ll miss you, and we hope to see you under better circumstances.” Leslie said, hugging me.

“Of course!” I exclaimed, trying to stay dry-eyed.

“Liam is here.” Zayn spoke up, eye-balling us, watching our reactions. “C’mon Lex.” He wrapped an arm around my waist, after throwing the strap of my bag over his head.

Zayn led me out to the elevator, Nurse Elizabeth trailing behind with the rest of my things. When we got to the car, Liam had the door open; Zayn transferred me to Liam, who slid me into the front seat. He was very cautious of my still broken leg. Zayn put the crutches in the trunk, along with my bags.

The drive home was fun, Liam and Zayn kept me laughing, and kept the conversation going.

Arriving home, I was greeted to everyone standing outside with signs, and a couple balloons. The moment Liam put the car in park, Louis pounced.

“LEXIE! YOU’RE HOME!” He exclaimed, throwing the door open and getting me out of the car. “Someone grab the cripple’s stuff, I’ve got her.” I hit his arm.

“Jerk.”

“Love you too Lex. Welcome home.” He nuzzled my cheek.

“Stop it Lou!” I giggled, I hate being so ticklish!

Louis laughed, setting me on the couch, then changing his mind, he picked me back up and carried me up the stairs to me room.

“She’s all yours ladies.” He addressed a cute looking Katie, and a fierce looking Taylor, hands on their hips.

“What… I’m scared.” Was all I got out before they grabbed me and drug me into the bathroom.

I was bathed, dressed, and fixed up. I looked in the mirror from my chair, I looked nothing like my reflection I’ve seen over the past month. My hair was curled, the layers giving my hair lots of volume, my make-up looked amazing. Nicely natural, with my eye make-up popping, and some pale pink lip gloss.

“What the special occasion?” I finally managed out from my lips, gawking at how I looked in the mirror.

“It’s Valentine’s Day babe.” Taylor whispered in my ear. “Niall’s taking you out.”

“Oh…” Was all I could get out.

Before I left the hospital, the nurses handed Liam a boot, a cast-like boot, so I could walk by myself, and still support my leg in the utmost important way. After my hair and make-up was to Katie and Taylor’s liking, they played dress-up for ATLEAST an hour.

Dressing me up in an outfit, commenting on it, undressing me. I felt like a Barbie doll, except I was under repair. After an hour of playing dress up, they finally decided they liked me in my shimmery dark silver body-hugging dress that is a one-shoulder dress that reaches about mid-thigh, they matched it with my deep blue flats.

“Here, we’ll help you down the stairs.” Taylor said, grabbing my hand.

“I’ll announce that you’re ready.” Katie jumped up from her spot on my bed, and literally flew down the stairs.

“Nervous?” Taylor asked me.

“What? Psst. No. I’m fine!” I told her.

“Lex, you’re shaking.”

“With  excitement…” I tried to cover.

“Wrong. Don’t be nervous babe, Niall loves you. Just have a good time.” Taylor laughed. “Deep breath, let’s go get your man.” She winked at me.

"Let’s do this." I smiled at her.

We waltzed down the stairs, I came around the corner, and I noticed the five pairs of eyes gawking at me.

"Uhm.. Hi guys." I mumbled, looking at the ground.

"You look breath-takingly stunning." Niall kissed my cheek.

"Thanks, you look amazing yourself." I said, looking Niall up and down.  He was in dress pants, and nice polo under a coat and tie.

"Let’s go." He smiled, wrapping an arm around my waist. "Bye guys!" He called, pulling me out behind him, and into the night towards his car.

He opened my door for me, and closed it after I was in the car. She climbed in and off we went.

This is going to be a fun night. Valentine’s Day with Niall… wait… Valentine’s Day!? My birthday is tomorrow. Oh God!?