Chapter 2;

We were gonna eat lunch together, but mum got a call. She had to go out of town for a little bit. Since both of her kids have left, she went back to get some more schooling and she’s an assisted living nurse. She goes to stay with residents who needs help whenever something happens. So, she packed long enough for about a month and left.

“Bye mum! Text me as soon as you get to the airport, love you.” I called, watching mum drive away. I haven’t even had a day with her and now she’s gone for God knows how long.

Lou led me back into the house and we just talked. A lot.

It was around noon when they arrived. I looked at the clock on the wall, it was 6:30pm. I rolled over onto my back and started to get up when Harry stopped me.

“What ARE you doing?” Harry asked as I tried to pull myself up.

“I’M going to warm up some of the food mum wrapped up before leaving. We’ve been talking for hours and I’m starving!” I responded, avoiding Lou’s legs as he tried to trip me. “If you kids want some come get a plate!” I called, turned around to get mine out, turned back and was pounced.

“I want one please!” Liam smiled.

“Dude! Give me one!” Harry called.

“I’d love one. I’m starved!” Zayn replied.

“You’re starved? I’m wasting away here!” Niall called.

“Lex, toss me one! I’m a hungry boy!” Lou said. I set five plates on the opposite counter with the food, grabbed what I could before the wolves descended. I quickly heated up my food, and took up my old spot on the couch. The furthest left cushion, and watched as one-by-one the guys joined me.

“Hey! That’s my seat!” Liam protested.

“Sorry, you weren’t in it when I came in here.” I laughed.

“I’ll just sit here then!” He said, placing himself between me & Lou on the couch.

“So, Lex tell us about you. You’ve heard all about us for the last couple of hours.” Zayn said, shoveling a spoonful of food into him mouth.

“Well, what do you want to know?” I asked, wiping my mouth.

“Why were you gone for two years?” Harry asked, after taking a huge drink of water.

“I applied for a foreign exchange program and went to study abroad in the States.” I paused to take a drink of my soda. “I got accepted and left about 6-7 months before Lou went to audition. I was insane there. Everything is just so different.”

“Yea? How so?” Liam asked.

“Well, I don’t know how to explain it. It was alot to take in, even for two years.” I commented. The guys nodded.

“How come Lou described you as this nerdy little girl, and not this amazing, fun, beautiful one?” Harry asked.

I turned to Lou, who in turn said, “I’m still hungry, be back in a few.” and ran for the kitchen.

“I think it’s his big brother-ness. I talked with mum about dating this boy at school I liked when I was 14, and Lou has this huge fit. He went on and on about how I’m too young, and how the words “date” and “boys” shouldn’t be used in the same sentence for me.” I rolled my eyes. “I guess he thinks I’m still too young.”

“How old are you?” Niall spoke up. The first time in a while actually. Lou always told me he was the loud one.

“Seventeen. I’ll be eighteen in about two months.” I said, trying to remember what day it was.