Shorts

"Get away from me, you bitch!"
"What is your problem?"
"At the moment, YOU!" Cassie took off her left shoe and threw it, looking quite manic.
"Back off, won't you?" Dylan yelled.
"No! This is your fault!" Cassie screamed.
"It's my fault you were calling my girlfriend a whore?"
"You what?!" I exclaimed, unintelligently pushing myself into this screaming match. "You called Emma-Lynn a whore? What the frick, Cassie?"
Cassie looked at me, her eyes softening and she stopped screaming, walking towards me calmly, panting slightly.
"Why are you always hanging out with these bitches, Joelle?" She got closer and closer. "Just because they're your roommates doesn't mean you have to spend every moment with them, you know." Soon she was close enough to whisper in my ear so that no one else could hear. "You have so much potential. You could be the queen of this place, running the show, calling the shots. I'd be by your side." Her fingers clutched at my shirt and tangled it up in her hands. Her lips brushed against my ear gently and I shivered, causing her to smirk. "I'll catch you later."

"God, that girl is a nightmare." Dylan moaned at dinner. I was preoccupied, looking at Cassie, who was looking at me, smiling and waving gently.
"Just ignore her." Kyla grinned.
"I'm sick of it, though. She's so provocative. It's awful." Dylan picked at her food, not eating it heartily like she usually did.
"Yeah..." Emma-Lynn said, distractedly, picking out all the chicken from her potatoes. Ryan, however, was in the most amazing mood. She said her cuts had completely healed over and she had no scars left. She said she no longer needed the shrink, she'd be okay without him now.

Samuel, however, was a different story. I don't know what happened, but I'm quite sure he and Kyla talked, because he was acting different. He was no longer trying to catch Kyla's eye, but he wasn't the same counselor I knew him to be. He was slouching on his posts and not really caring anymore. It wasn't the same anymore.

I wondered about asking Kyla about it, but then I decided it was her deal, her problem.

**************************************************

Author's Note:

Yeah, this is a really short chapter, not even anything much. Actually it was barely four paragraphs. But I have to head off to dance school and actually, I really can't think of anything for this story! :( I feel awful, but I'm thinking of quitting this story...I don't know... :S