Daddy

Author's Note -

Okay, so last chapter was a surprise, was it not? :) 
Anyways, I'm not sure how long this one is...I just kinda wrote it out of boredom, my mom had taken my sister to perform at some gig and so I was alone in the house and had nothing to do, so...I just kinda wrote. Thankfully, my writer's block for this story is over, now I just need to get ideas for Stolen Innocence! Gosh, I have no idea what to write for that story. Anyway, what do you think will happen now? And how do you think that happened? AND! What is Joelle going to do about her little secret?

AND! (I'm being annoying, aren't I?) I just wanna say, even though I know not a lot of people read this, but to whoever does, thanks for reading, please comment, vote, and fan! Thanks so much!! In the previous chapter, I put a slideshow of all the characters if you would like to see it. Thanks for reading all of this crap and now I hope you enjoy the chapter! 

Kyla's POV - 

Joelle looked at me, her hand holding mine. I saw Emma-Lynn and the twins hanging back behind her, staring at me.

I stared up at Joelle, my eyes begging her for help.
"Kyla..." she obviously wanted to say something, but couldn't make it come out.

"Jo, I don't know what to do." I sobbed and fell against her. She stroked my hair and hugged me. "What am I supposed to do? What am I supposed to tell people?" 

"I think you should first go tell Samuel." she whispered so that the other girls couldn't hear. I stared up at her, tears filling my eyes.

"It's his, isn't it?" Joelle asked, softly.

I nodded. "I don't know how it happened. It just did. That...willow tree."

Joelle's eyes widened for a second.

"I'm scared." I murmured, more to myself than to anyone else. Joelle sighed and hugged me gently. 
"I know, sweetie. But you have to, you can't stay here."

I looked at her. "I can't?"
She sighed. "Kyla, you're pregnant. In an all-girls boot camp. How are you going to explain this to the counselors...who are the only men in the camp?"

I nodded and wiped my tears, before standing up. "I'll go tell him." I muttered and enveloped Joelle in a huge hug. "You're a great friend." I whispered to her. She smiled.

*

I saw Samuel waiting at his post behind the oak tree. I took a deep breath...in...and out.
"Okay, Kyla, you can do this." I muttered to myself. "Go."

And so I went. I walked over determinedly, not caring if I was seen outdoors outside the specific hours. With each step I felt more fear drench my heart as it was beat-beat-beating heavily against my chest. Thump, thump, thump.

My breathing was ragged as I got closer and more nervous. What could I tell him? How could I tell him? My mind flashed back to the night of said conception. It was an accident, bumping into him. And one look was all it took, I was all his. Somehow, I couldn't imagine losing my virginity to anyone but Samuel.

"S-Sam?" My voice cracked. He turned around.

"Kyla." His eyes softened when he saw my eyes filling with tears. "What's wrong?"

"I..I..." I tried to force the words out of my mouth, but they stubbornly stayed put. He took my hands and pulled me close.

"Kyla, it's fine, you can tell me." he kissed my forehead gently.

"Sam. I'm...I'm..." I touched my stomach. "I'm pregnant."

He stared down at me. No words came out and tears flowed over my cheeks as I waited for a reaction. Any kind of reaction, even screaming and yelling and swearing, would be better than this. He was standing still...unmoving, frozen. He said nothing. 

"Please, Sam. Say something." I sobbed uncontrollably and fell against his chest. He made a movement and I looked up at him.

"How...?" He started, but couldn't finish his thought. He looked at me and his eyes became gentle. He lifted his hand and wiped my tears.

"I don't know, Sam. I just don't know." I bit my lip, nervously. He held me close.
"It's okay, Kyla. I promise I'll help you through this."

I stared at him. "You...you what?" My mind went into confusion. "You're...going to help me?"
He squeezed my hands. "Of course, Kyla. I'm not your father, okay? I'm not going to run away."

I fell apart right then. I collapsed on top of him and sobbed into his chest. He held me close and kissed my head.
"But what are we going to do, Sam? I can only stay here for at least two months before it'll become visible."
He looked to the left, which I knew meant he was thinking. "Who knows?"
"The doctor. You. And my roommates."

He nodded. "Well, listen. For now, we're going to stay. Try not to tell anyone. And as soon as people start to realize...we're bolting."

I stared at him. "Bolting?"

"Yes. You're coming with me, aren't you?"
"To live with you? You want me to live with you?"
"Yes. You're seventeen, I know, but you turn eighteen in six months..."

"You...remember when my birthday is?" I asked, surprised. He looked at me with a confused expression.
"Of course I do." He said, simply. I smiled up at him and threw my arms around him, kissing him fully on the lips.
"I love you, Sam."
He looked at me with those eyes and I just melted. "I love you too, Kyla."