Kissy, Kissy, Killer Kitty

Author's Note -

Hey  ya'll! This story is ending soon. There might be one or two more chapters, but then it's over. Seriously! I'm freaking out! But I'm also really excited! I mean, it's the end soon! :) Anyways, enjoy this chapter. Please comment and vote! It would make me so happy :P

Q.

“It’s okay, I can drive now. We’re almost there.” Isis said. I sighed in relief. I was exhausted. I pulled over and we both jumped out of the car. I looked around. It was all interstate, but it looked familiar.
“Hey, are we back in Kentucky?” I asked. She raised her eyebrows.

“Back?”

“I lived in Kentucky.” I stated, wondering how she didn’t know that if she had seen me on TV, first when they mentioned our breakout and second when they said we were dead.

“Oh. Well, yeah, we’re in Kentucky. Come on, get in.” she replied swiftly, and I got into the passenger seat while she hopped into the driver’s seat and started up the engine once again.

We continued to drive and I wondered where this mysterious Kentucky strip club was located. I considered what I was doing. I was seventeen, almost eighteen.

It’d been almost two years since my parents dropped me off at Parker’s. They lied when they said it’d only be a year. I knew they would, but it still felt like a stab in the back.

And then they received the news that I ran. And then of course, the news that I had died. Serves them right for throwing me in that hellhole. I thought about that, too. Actually, it wasn’t all that bad. I did make some of the best friends I’ve ever had, especially Kyla and Trouble.

Now that I was here, sitting in a car and driving to my new place of work – a strip club – I knew that I probably wouldn’t have changed anything, even if I could. But back then; I definitely would’ve stayed at home with Ronni.

But now? Ronni seemed so childish to me; mediocre. Just some teenage girl in high-school, always getting herself into trouble for attention. I guess that was me at one point, too.

I snorted to myself.

Not anymore, that’s for sure. No way would Ronni or the past-Joelle have ever foreseen this kind of situation presenting itself. I never thought I would take a job as a stripper. It was one of those things that only happened in books or movies or those really bad crime shows on A&E.

I surfed down the contact list on my phone. I considered calling Emma-Lynn. I missed her. I missed talking to her. I wondered what she was doing now.

Emma-Lynn:

I kissed her lips softly and smiled sadly when I pulled away.

“I know. I’m really sorry there couldn’t be a proper funeral for her.” I said in a quiet voice.