She

Author's Note - 

Okay, so I know this chapter is pretty much a filler, but I'm building up to something so just bear with me, please. :) lus, I've been grounded. I was out with my friends and got home really late and then my mom smelled smoke on my clothes (damn her sense of smell) so I am officially screwed. Must find a good hiding place for my cigarettes in case she comes searching.
Anyways, so I hope you guys like this chapter. Comment, vote, and fan. P

I trudged back to my cabin at around four AM. My hair was ruffled and my clothes were thrown on messily.

If someone saw me, there would be no confusion as to what I had been doing.

I licked my lips, tasting Cassie’s peach lip-gloss.

My heart was beating doubly fast. Cassie managed to do that do me.

Cassie herself was a bitch, a total whore, but the physical attraction was insane.

Back before I came to Parker’s, there was never much of this. I mean, yeah, I had had boyfriends, but I’d never gotten really far with them.

My parents had managed to end every single relationship I had. Not that I minded much, I was never one to fall in love at teen years.

I had always known that guys aren’t gonna get on one knee and recite Shakespeare to me and that was totally fine with me. But the point stood – I have never gone that far before.

It wasn’t like I was regretting it, or anything. I always thought sex was one of those things that was like ‘practice makes perfect’.

That you had to know what to do. But I hadn’t known, and we still did it.

I walked quietly into our cabin, not wanting to wake anyone up. I saw Ryan sleeping peacefully and saw Dylan and Emma-Lynn asleep in Dylan’s bed.

I looked at the three empty beds – mine, Emma-Lynn’s and Kyla’s. I sighed, yawned, and dropped onto my bed, falling asleep almost immediately.

*

When I woke up, Emma-Lynn was already awake, putting on makeup in the bathroom.

“Hey Joelle.” She said, without looking at me, as I walked in. I nodded at her, sleepily. “Wow, you’re pretty out of it. How much did you sleep last night?”

I groaned. “Like three hours.”

She grinned and swished her hip to bump into mine. “Making love till the morning?”

“Oh, ew, Emma-Lynn. We didn’t…make love.” I shuddered at the expression. I’ve always hated that expression.

“Oh, okay.” She smiled, wickedly. “What was it then? Having sex in the bushes?”

I blushed and she laughed, triumphantly. I scowled at her and started to brush my teeth. As I washed my face and Emma-Lynn carefully applied liquid liner, Dylan walked in rubbing her eyes, tiredly.

“Hey, beautiful.” She kissed Emma-Lynn’s cheek. I saw Emma-Lynn hide a smile.

“Hey.” she responded smoothly. “Did you hear about our young Joelle and her midnight sexual escapades?”

I blushed furiously and whacked Emma-Lynn as she cackled. Dylan grinned at me.

“Please, Joelle, everybody here’s doing it.” she smacked Emma-Lynn’s ass. “Kyla was, like, the only one actually having sex. But hey, we get enough action.” She grinned at Emma-Lynn and then the two engaged in a very moist lip lock.

I raised my eyebrows and walked out of the bathroom.

Ryan was getting ready. I smiled at her. “What about you, Ryan? Have you ever dated anyone here at Parker’s?” I asked.

She shook her head. “I’m straight.”

“So one of the counselors?” I waggled my eyebrows. She snorted.

“These jackasses? Pff.”

I laughed. “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

I checked the time and realized we still had twenty minutes. I pulled out my laptop, opened it, and turned it on.

“Guys! Kyla emailed me!” I exclaimed and Emma-Lynn and the twins were by my side in seconds. I double clicked on the email and we all read silently.

Hey Joelle,

Sam took me to get my first ultrasound. It was unbelievable to see my baby on the screen. I’m in my fourth month. They said they could tell me the sex of the baby, but I want it to be a surprise, so me and Sam turned away at that point. Sam’s really excited about the baby. We’re setting up the nursery. It’s going to be all white, also because we don’t know the sex and don’t wanna design an ultra pink room if I’m having a boy. I’m living with Samuel in his apartment. It’s really nice – two bedrooms, a living room which adjoins to the kitchen and dining room. One of the bedrooms is going to be the nursery. My parents know I’m gone, they’ve emailed me and called several times. I told them I’m living with the father of my child, but I didn’t tell them where. I miss you all a lot, but I’m not going back for the world. Tell Emma-Lynn and the twins I said hello.

Love,

Kyla

We all finished and looked at each other.

Ryan spoke first. “She didn’t wanna know the sex of her baby?”

I shrugged. “If I ever have kids, I’m pretty sure I don’t wanna know. It’s nice to have a surprise.”

Dylan shrugged and looked at Emma-Lynn grinning. “We are never having kids.”

Emma-Lynn laughed and then my roommates dispersed, back to getting ready. I stared at the email for a few more seconds, then slammed the laptop closed.

It made me feel a little weird, to know Kyla was free and happy and starting a new life with someone she loved. It made me wonder whether there was something missing in my life.