Text-Break-Ups

Author's Note -

Okay, so, while I've got in-frickin-sane writer's block, I haven't really been updating...on Bad Girls or Stolen Innocence...or even Identity. I don't actually know why I feel so guilty, no one's reading! But hey! I'm still here, aren't I? So, yeah, I'm gonna upload.

I'm really losing ideas for this story. It hasn't really got a plot, it's just kinda going along...slowly..slowly..slowly. I'm pretty much just writing whatever stupid idea pops into my mind.

I know the whole pregnancy thing has been so fucking overdone, but I'm at a total freakin' loss of ideas, ya know? I mean, I had a couple ideas, but they all kinda sucked. Oh, and I was actually giving Kyla the flu, but then I just wrote 'pregnant' without noticing and then decided "What the hell, might as well keep it there, right?" So...yeah...But believe me, for a different story, I've done so much fucking research on pregnancy it's insane. So this won't be another story where the pregnancy is the main focus or super unrealistic. I'm doing dis shizz right. :)

This chapter is gonna kind of suck ice, it's an on-the-spot write with no proofread or any of that jazz. Still, I hope ya'll like it.

So...what do you think will happen? What's up with Kyla and Sam, huh? That willow tree is getting some action, I'll say that much. Heh. And what on earth is Joelle gonna do about Cassie, huh? :)

Okay, I'm pretty sure my author's note was definitely long enough. And I don't want it to be longer than the chapter, that would be weird. Wow, I'm seriously starting to rant now. Enjoy!

Joelle's POV

The girls were being cool. They didn't ask Kyla whose it was, but I'm guessing that was because it was pretty fucking obvious who it was. Kyla was no whore, first of all, and second of all, Samuel was easily the best looking guy around for miles. No way the other counselors were even worth considering sleeping with.

Kyla wasn't showing, not yet, at least. I was staying the fuck away from that willow tree, I'll tell ya that for sure. I couldn't even imagine what it'd be like if I was there with Cassie and was caught. It would be beyond...humiliating? Embarrassing? Disgusting? Weird? Point being, if my roommates found out, I would be so screwed. My thoughts were interrupted by a text. It was from Cassie. Ironic. I laughed.

Cassie: r we stil meeting under willow tree wed nite?

I thought for a while before I texted back. I really wanted to see her again. But at the same time I wanted to be loyal to my friends. I wanted to be a good friend. But I wanted to see Cassie again. What were me and Cassie? We weren't...dating. We weren't having...an affair or anything.

Maybe it was time to pull away.

Me: i dont think so

I clicked 'Send' and put my phone back into my pocket and leaned back. I hated myself for doing it, but it was always great being with Cassie...It was...warm?

Cassie: y not?

I groaned to myself. What could I say to her? Could I tell her the truth? No, no, that was ridiculous. That would make me feel like a total jackass. Could I just tell her...that I was busy? No, that was stupid. What would I be doing in the middle of Wednesday night at a boot camp? I took a big breath. Sink or swim, right?

Me: i dont think we shud...hang anymor.

Well, that was a completely stupid way of putting things, but I had no other way to say it. I couldn't tell how she would react. She'd probably think I was a major bitch. Well, that may have been true. Maybe I was a major bitch, for leading her on and lying to my friends.

Cassie: wat the fuck?

I sighed. This wasn't exactly going to be pretty. Couldn't get any worse, could it?
"Hey, what's up?"
Oh, of course. I was going to be interviewed at this moment. Just my luck. This could only happen to me, right?
"Nothing." I replied, sighing. Ryan raised her eyebrows.
"Why sitting alone?"
"Just chilling. You know, sometimes you need a really good think through alone." I rubbed my temples. "My head is inane right now."
Ryan laughed. "Well, I just came to grab my cell phone, so I won't be in your hair for long."
She took her phone, waved at me, and left. Once she was gone, I clicked 'Reply' and started typing away.

Me: i kno, i'm a super bitch and i deserve 2 be hated, but i dont think its a good idea. im sick of lying 2 my friends. 

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from her. She hated my friends. She hated Emma-Lynn therefore Dylan therefore Ryan therefore Kyla... It was a little late to ask what happened between her and Emma-Lynn to make them hate each other, though.

My phone buzzed and I took a deep breath and opened the message.

Cassie: ur right...u r a bitch.

Was it incredibly childish of me to just want to cry? It's been a pretty damn long time since I had cried, but holding it in was so not working for me.

So, as cliche as it was to start sobbing on the bed, while it poured buckets outside, I curled up and just let myself go.