We Ain't Men

Author's Note -

Okay, so I've been up for two hours writing this chapter and it is 4 AM. Happy? :) JK. In some trouble with the moms(got home really late. i am so frickin hungover right now), so I guess in the middle of the night is going to be the only time I get on the computer. Better live it up. I think this chapter is reasonably long enough and it's personally one of my favorites.

Hope you have as much fun reading as I did writing :)
xoxo

Joelle’s POV -

I sat quietly, my legs criss-crossed. I was completely still and if anyone was looking at me, they would think I was meditating. But while my eyes were closed, in my mind I was staring at every angle of the rusty tall fences and the security patrolling like prison guards.

I opened my eyes and stared ahead of me. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Trouble watching me, casually leaning against a tree, pretending she wasn’t looking, but I could see her head was cocked in curiosity.

I closed my eyes again and stared at the fences and gates in my mind. Where were there guards? Which way was the forest?

It was a minute before I realized that my eyes were open and were shifting back and forth as if I was watching a ping-pong tournament. Trouble was smirking, with her eyebrows raised in confusion. She walked towards me.

“What the hell are you doing?” she said, a laugh in her voice. I looked at her, all seriousness.

“Getting us out of here.” I replied and turned my head back forward, closing my eyes once again. She said nothing to that, but she continued standing here.

It was a little difficult to concentrate with her standing right there casually, with her gorgeously careless smirk.

No, I didn’t have a crush on her, but there was no denying how attractive she was. It would just be a waste of breath, because no one in their right mind could honestly deny that Trouble was attractive. Beyond attractive, actually. She was beyond everything. Striking, sure. Eye-catching, definitely. What an understatement.

God Joelle, focus! I was trying to do something here. Thinking about how hot Trouble was definitely did not help me think of a way to bust out of here.

Problem was, thinking of Trouble made me think of Cassie. Hard as it was to admit, I did miss her. A little bit. A tiny bit. An enormously huge bit that I was too lame and juvenile to admit.

She was picturesque and clever and funny and we somehow just fit. She was a whore and that was something I disliked, but everything else definitely overweighed it.

It was just my own stupid self that got me and her broken up.

Trouble’s little throat clear woke me up from my thoughts. I focused my mind back on the gates and the guards.

My eyes flew open in a shock of sudden realization and I gasped.

“What?” Trouble slurred, lazily.

“I’ve got it.” I turned to her with wide eyes and a smile slowly forming and growing bigger on my face.

“Trouble, I know how to get us out of here.”

Emma-Lynn’s POV

I didn’t really know what to do about Dylan. I didn’t want her to be mad at me and I didn’t want us to get into a fight, but every time she shot me those puppy-dog glances or brushed past me with a little huff, I couldn’t help but get angry. She was being so immature.