Chapter Two | The Meeting

I SAUNTERED DOWN THE dark streets of Gotham feeling like a queen. Sure, there was screaming coming from alleys, the screeching of cars, and the barking of dogs, but this is was just another typical Tuesday night.

As I walked, a sense of confidence radiated from my steps. Mostly everyone on the street knew my name, and those who didn't would quickly learn it if they tried to mess with me. I was Blackout for crying out loud! I didn't have anything to fear on my turf, I was trained better than that.

A thick layer of fog settled atop the massive skyscrapers which almost disappeared into the dark night sky. I had just come back from my meeting with Fish, which in all honesty, I wish I hadn't gone to. It consisted of lots of kisses and "dah-lings," two things of which I hated.

She had asked me to kill some guy, (now, now, don't freak! This is Gotham, and I'm under the tutelage of Catwoman. Did you really think I was the good guy?) who didn't mean anything to me. I'm not even fully sure what he did to her, either. Fish tried to explain to me, but it wasn't like I ever listened to her run her mouth anyway. Something about stealing money? I can't remember.

So long story short, I found the guy. And it wasn't even like he put up a good fight! He was way too easy to track down and even easier to take out. He may have been a decent street fighter, but that didn't mean much compared to me. All it took was a quick knife to the neck, followed by a bullet to the head, and my job was done.

All of a sudden I heard some footsteps on the rooftop next to me. I slowed to a stop and curiously cocked my head at the sound. At first, I didn't think much of it, since people were usually out partying and whatnot on Saturday nights, but the closer it got, the more suspicious I became.

Then things started to get even weirder. To test my theory, I turned a sharp corner down 25th street, and so did the footsteps. I stopped and went back the way I had come, and coincidentally, so did the footsteps. By now, there were several more, and my excitement started to grow. More people to hurt!

"Eh, let's get this over with," I muttered, walking into an alleyway and pretending to be lost.

"I'm sure they said to meet here though.." I thought out loud, trying to throw off the attackers.

I heard them "quietly" jump down from the roof.

"Blackout," a voice ordered from behind me, bouncing off of the brick walls. "We're taking you in under orders of the Justice League."

The League? Oh, now this was definitely going to be fun.

I turned around, suppressing a grin and ready to fight, but the playful look slowly fell off my face as I saw who was there.

There weren't any Leaguers, it was the sidekicks!

Oh well. I can still have some fun anyways.

"Ah, the sidekicks! To what do I owe the pleasure?" I teased, grandly gesturing my hands towards them.

"We need to take you in for questioning about a missing person," the dark-skinned boy in the front said. I think he was Aquaman's sidekick. Squidkid, or something like that.

"Oh, I'm sorry! You should've told me in advance. I would've cleared my schedule."

"Just come with us, and no one gets hurt."

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Squidkid," I said, slowly waltzing up to the group to try and get a better look at the rest of them.

"It's Aqualad," he said as he narrowed his eyes.

I opened my mouth, another cocky remark just itching to come out when suddenly I felt a breeze pass over me. I paused. Was someone was trying to.. trick me? I wanted to chuckle. Me! Trick me! You can't trick a trickster, that's not how the game works.