Chapter Fourteen | The Reveal

OKAY, I'LL ADMIT IT. This was definitely not one of my best plans. And now you're obviously saying, "Ya think?" to which I'm going to respond.. well, I'm not entirely sure what to respond, because I guess I kind of deserve your criticism. But it wasn't like there's an option to go back now anyways, so let's just continue on with the show, shall we?

I sauntered down towards the Caped Crusader and Bird Brain. (Don't judge me, alliteration makes me happy.) The room was still dead silent, the sound of the generators filling the background. I carelessly flipped onto their level, landing in a crouch before standing up. I took in their appearances; Dick looked boyishly handsome, his hair neatly combed back and lean frame fitted in a suit. Bruce looked.. like how Bruce Wayne should look; black tux, no tie, open collar, absolutely screaming 'playboy billionaire.'

"I've gotta say, Bats," I began, "I may hate you, but this is a pretty swanky place you've got. Giant dino statue, definitely a nice touch."

Dick had shock and anger running through his features. He flashed me a glare that was probably up to par with the Dark Knight's weaker ones. Bruce, on the other hand, was unreadable. And unreadable was scary. Unreadable meant unpredictable and unpredictable was what got you killed. (Not that I was afraid he'd actually kill me. After all, didn't he have some dumb rule about that?)

"What are you doing here?!" Dick suddenly snapped.

I pouted mockingly. "Awe, Robbie, when you say it like that it makes me feel unwelcome."

His eyes widened in disbelief. "That's because you are unwelcome!"

"Then why am I in here?" I had to hold back a snicker.

"Because you're a criminal! And criminals just break and enter, which is illegal, if you didn't know," he glared once again.

"And running an underground secret vigilante HQ with military grade weapons isn't?" I asked with a hand on my hip, "thats incredibly contradictory, Grayson." I paused, testing his name in my tongue. "Grayson. I like that. What, are you, the son of gray? Is that how this works?"

He rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. "Not since like, the nineteenth century. What's you're last name then, hm?"

"Ah, ah, ah," I sang, "you think I'm going to fall for that dumb trick?"

"I don't know, seemed to work pretty well for Flash."

My mouth fell. Did he just..? Oh, he did just! How did he even find out?

Anger flared inside me as I stomped up to him. "You littleー!"

"Blackout."

I stopped. My head snapped towards the older man, who was staring at me with daggers in his eyes. I let a small smirk play on my features, taking a deep breath and composing myself. "Batman. Huh, well what do you know? Flash was right after all. I would've never guessed it was you in a million years. I'll admit, Rich Kid, you had me fooled."

"Yeah, well that was kinda the plan," Dick sneered.

I flashed him a look. "Hush, Bird Boy. The big kids are talking."

"I'm older than you!" He shouted.

I put my hand on my hip. "Says who?"

"Robin," Bruce interjected.

I rose an eyebrow. "We're still pretending I don't know who you guys are?"

"How did you know?"

I turned back towards the playboy billionaire, shrugging. "It wasn't that hard, really. I don't understand how more people can't see it." I smirked, waving my hand nonchalantly. "But on that note, I guess I better get going. Now that you're both here it kinda ruins the fun of being unsupervised."

I turned around and flipped off of the level that we all stood on, landing in a tuck as I reached the ground floor. I whipped out the keys to the black motorcycle from my utility belt, unlocking it as I walked towards it. As I swung my leg over the leather seat, I glanced back up at the Dynamic Duo.

"If it helps, I didn't break too much stuff."

I kicked the stand up, revving the engine. I grinned at the purr coming from the vehicle.

"Oh, and thanks for the bike. See ya Monday, Bats!" I called back as I started to drive out of the cave.

And then I was gone.

Dick's POV

I slapped myself on the forehead as Bruce and I watched her drive out of the cave, practically cackling.

"This is so disastrous. Heavy on the dis."

I looked up to Bruce for instruction, but found him already dialing a number on his phone. I rose an eyebrow as he held the device up his his ear. I heard soft ringing coming from it as he continued to stare from where she had driven out with an impatient look. (Well, about as impatient as Batman could get, anyways.)

Suddenly, I could hear the murmur of a voice on the other line, something that sounded similar to a 'hello?'

Bruce's eyes narrowed into slits as he opened his mouth. "Clark. We have to talk."

* * *

Hey everyone! I want to thank everyone for such overwhelming (or should I say, whelming) support! I pour my heart and soul into this book, and I can't believe that so many people actually love it :) Thank you all so much for almost 2k! I never though this book would get that much attention. Now I'm going to try and work on my other book 'Lightning Boy' since I'm going to the mall with my friend later today. Love you!

xo Alexa