Chapter Four | The Interrogation

I WAS ROUGHLY DRAGGED through the halls of the Justice League's space tree house. Did you know they had a space tree house? Because they do.

"Ow, ow, hey! Watch the hair!" I yelled at Superman, who currently had me in a death grip, making me have to nearly run in order to keep up with his powerful strides.

"Can you be quiet for one second?" he grumbled, muttering some words under his breath I couldn't really make out. Something about "things I do," and "Bruce." I dug my boots into the ground as hard as I could and and stared at him wide eyed. He stopped momentarily and turned around towards me with a exasperated face.

"What now?" he asked impatiently.

"Did you just say Bruce?" I questioned.

"Bruce? Who's that?" he said, looking at me like I was crazy.

I looked at him suspiciously for another moment, before shaking my head, continuing to walk. "Never mind."

All that space travel was seriously getting to my head. Or maybe that scotch I sneaked at Lex's party. Or both. But I didn't have the time to think about that right now, since Superman, who, by the way, I knew was named Clark Kent (because unlike everyone else in Metropolis I wasn't stupid) pushed me into a room and locked the door.

I stumbled in and ungracefully fell to the floor with a groan. I blew a piece of my hair out of my face in frustration as I stood up and took in my surroundings. It was a dark gray colored room, with a sleek, black metal table in the middle and a chair on either side. In other words, an interrogation room.

"Okay, I see how it is," I called out to the cameras I knew they had on me, "if this is because I hurt your little team of wannabe heroes, I'm sorry!"

Actually, no I wasn't. Hurting the sidekicks was pretty fun, but I didn't need to tell them that.

After a couple moments of standing there, and seeing that nobody was coming to talk to me anytime soon, I let out a huff and crossed my arms, sitting myself in the cold metal chair. And little did I know, that chair and I were going to become pretty good friends, since I sat there for about two hours. Two hours! Man, the League really knows how to dish it.

I was busying myself playing with a bobby pin that I had in my hair, since the jerks which most people like to refer to as "heroes" took all of my fun toys away from me. And if you're now wondering why I haven't attempted to escape yet, just picture this. You're surrounded by some of the world's most powerful beings, in space, with no way of knowing how to get back to your planet. Would you try to escape? Smh. Yeah, that's what I thought.

Suddenly the metal door hissed open, making me drop the bobby pin and squint my eyes at the sudden light flooding into the room. A black mass stood in the doorway, with two little points atop its head. I snickered.

"Hola, Bats. Long time no see."

He strode into the room and sat in the chair in front of me. I let a smirk tug at corners of my red lips as I pulled my feet off of the table they were currently on. What? I figured it would be rude. Neither of us said a word as my eyes darted up to meet his. Well, it was more like mask to mask, but you get the point.

"Did you murder a man named William Kinley?" he finally asked.

I shrugged, briefly inspecting my nails. "Maybe."

He narrowed his eyes at me, before trying again. "Did you murder a man named William Kinley?"

I let my hand fall into my lap, using my other one to point a finger at him. "You know, Bats, murder's such a.. cruel word. I prefer the term.. 'dispose of.' Much nicer, hm? Now let's try that again. Did I dispose of a man named William Kinley? Yes, yes I did."