Chapter Seven | The Deal

I GRINNED. "ALWAYS THE Boy Scout, hm, Clarkie? Well, let me tell you a little thing about me rash, is my middle name."

Then I lunged.

Yeah, okay. So it probably want the smartest thing to do; taking on two of the most skilled and strongest members of The League at once, but hey. Rash is my middle name after all. (Actually I don't have one, but you know it sounded cool, don't lie.)

Bats barely had time to react, twisting himself to narrowly avoid me. Superman was probably surprised that I even attempted to take them on, so it took him a moment to regain his bearings, but once he did I found myself dangling a couple feet in the air. He was holding me with one arm by the collar of my suit, his face cold, but his eyes gave him away. Concern and confusion swam in between the swirls of blue waves, which momentarily distracted me.

There was literally no way he was even real. But I'm going to stop swooning over men I can never have for a moment because, well, more important things were currently happening.

"You can't win, Blackout. Why don't we talk this out?" he asked, repeating his previous question.

I scoffed, still tugging on his hand. "Okay, one, this suit was super expensive, so if you rip it you're paying for it. And two, are you doubting my skills, Kent? You really shouldn't be. "

Because if there was one thing Selina taught me, it was how to take down an enemy bigger than you.

"I'm not saying you don't have any, you just can'tー"

I cut him off by wrapping my leg around his arm and twisting it, making him release his grip on me. I fell towards the ground but bounced back off my hands, landing on my feet.

"You were saying?" I teased.

I heard a noise behind me, and turned around to find a fist flying towards my stomach. I barely grabbed it, the force of the punch making me skid back a couple feet. Since I had Batman's hand in mine, I used it to flip over him before proceeding to jump on Superman's back and grapple up towards the ceiling.

I threw down a smoke bomb as I flew up to regroup. Then, sitting up on a beam that was shrouded by darkness I pulled a small vile from my utility belt. One of the fun little toys from Lex that I had mentioned earlier; a small vile of Kryptonite.

I put it into a pocket on the leg of my suit and looked back down towards the ground, trying to see where they were. The room was empty, the smoke only now starting to dissipate.

"What?" I whispered under my breath as I felt a small breeze from behind me. I turned around and was greeted with the angry face of Superman, his eyes glowing red.

"Holyー!" I yelled as I lost my balance, nearly getting hit by a laser to the face.

I fell towards the ground and launched another grappling hook, swinging across the room and landing on a table. I stood with my back near the wall, looking around wildly for any more attacks.

Then two gloved hands wrapped around my mouth and pulled me back.

I let out a small shriek and flipped up, grabbing the hands and swinging my legs around their neck. I saw the familiar black mask of Batman, who reached up and dragged me off of his shoulders, roughly throwing me to the ground. But before I fell, I managed to grab his cape and use the momentum to push him into the table behind us, his head slamming into the metal surface.

I grunted as I dropped on my leg, and heard a cracking sound. But it didn't sound like the breaking of a bone, more like the cracking of glass.

The vile.