I Need You

Zayn was exhausted after a day filled with business meeting. 2011 had been an amazing year so far, but 2012 was looking even better for One Direction. He forgot his phone at home, a thing he often did, but wasn’t too worried about it. After all, the only calls he could never miss were the ones from work and he was at work at the moment, so no problem.

His friends were with him too, and in any case of a family emergency, they would contact them or anyone from their entourage. And the other reason he had to keep his phone with him 24/7 was gone; Perrie gave him a call explaining what had happened at her meeting and how she would prefer to focus entirely on the competition for the moment, so their texting and calling would be reduced to a minimum. He understood, but he couldn’t deny he was kind of hurt when he knew of her decision.

That’s why he got really confused when he finally got home and reached for his phone. Twenty missed calls from Perrie.

Without even a hint of hesitation, he called back the girl, it must be really important. The phone hadn’t even ring three times when a crying Perrie picked up.

“Please Zayn, I need you” was all Zayn heard before leaving his house.

++++

Perrie had never felt this sad; a killing pain filled her chest and it only got stronger whenever she heard her bandmates come into the room she was in and completely ignore her. A lot of her fellow contestants came from time to time to comfort her, but she could hear them talking to the girls and actually siding with them.

Their little feud was no secret to the rest of the house, and as much as they wanted to sympathize with the girls, it actually played great for them. Their chemistry won’t ever be the same and that was a huge factor on their likeability.

She was curled up in one corner of the house, just didn’t feel like moving. After calling her mom, her brother, her dad and her best friend, and them assuring her it wasn’t her fault all of this happened (she was starting to think so), the blonde wasn’t feeling any better. She needed someone to hold her, to tell her everything would be alright but all of her relatives and close friends were miles away.

The idea of calling him had been going around in her mind, but she figured his presence would only make things worse. Of course she reached a point where she thought things could not get worse.

“If you’re going to talk bad about me, at least do it to my face!” she yelled. Perrie had just heard Leigh-Anne going about how much she hated the goat noises the blonde made from time to time. It started from the girls just talking of her stunt with Zayn to a vicious picking of all their flaws and rather annoying habits, on both sides.

She could not keep her mouth shut, and started talking back to the girls. She had already made Jade cry, and as much as she hated herself for doing it, the others had no compassion towards her when they made those awful accusations.

So she called Zayn, because in all honesty, she didn’t care anymore, she just needed him. Then again, of course, he wasn’t answering. Perrie was desperate, her bickering with the girls just got more cruel and she just couldn’t take it anymore, she needed him.

Fortunately, they decided to leave the house before things got worse, and she finally found a little peace. But they got back, and although things were calm now, their looks still hurt her. That’s when her phone lit up, it was him. She instantly picked up and she only managed to say a quick “Please Zayn, I need you” between sobs before he hung up.

The doorbell rang about half an hour later, and Perrie quickly got up to answer, she was sure it was him, it but was beaten to it by Jesy.

“Oh, Zayn” Jesy greeted him with bitterly. “Perrie, should I call the paps for you? Or you already did?”

Zayn looked beyond confused by Jesy’s snarky comment. Perrie took a deep breath, clearly trying to hold herself from muttering a comeback to the other girl and just grabbed Zayn’s hand, motioning him towards the corner she’d been spending the whole afternoon in.

“I thought we weren’t supposed to be seen together anymore” he said after they were alone but was taken aback when Perrie embraced him in a hug, her sobs filling the room.

“I don’t care anymore, I just needed you”

Another crappy chapter but I felt like updating, especially after all the Zerrie cuteness at the TCA’s, just watch the video on the side. I’ll be short on this note but once again, thanks for reading, voting, liking and of course commenting on this story.

See you on the next update (that’s coming around Friday, yay!). Lots of love <3