Stronger

I apologize in advance if this is too rushed for you xx

Perrie told her story holding her breath, Zayn wasn’t the type to get really angry but she feared the look on his face. Also, while not being really aggressive, he could easily hurt someone with his sharp tongue, always knowing the very exact comment that could break the person apart. So when Perrie finally decided to look at him, as she had been staring at the wall the whole time she spoke, she was surprised to see no expression in Zayn’s face, who was staring at the wall as well.

“Aren’t you going to say something?” she finally asked confused, Zayn simply shook his head no and continued to stare at the wall in front of him. This scared her a lot more than him muttering curse words under his breath and pacing around with an angry face, she wanted him to say something, to yell at her if he felt like it, she wouldn’t mind. But he remained there, sitting in the living room besides her, emotionless; like he was broken.

And that hurt Perrie more than any insult he could manage to say.

He finally looked at her, still with his blank expression, and looked back at the wall. She wanted to get inside his head so bad, to see what he was thinking. She asked him again if he was planning on saying something or not, but he remained silent. Perrie broke crying and Zayn finally zoomed out of his trance, wrapping his arms around her.

“Don’t cry” he soothed her and Perrie quickly went into a rant saying how sorry she was and begging him to please say something about it because his silence was killing him.

“I’m trying really hard to process everything” he confessed. “This can’t go on Perrie; this wouldn’t have happened if I was here more often”

“What! Are you really blaming yourself? Don’t do this Zayn, I am the one at fault here. I am truly sorry”

“Don’t beat yourself down Pez, nothing really happened and you are honest enough to confess it to me. Not everyone would do that, that’s why I trust you so much” Zayn grabbed her hands and looked directly into her eyes. Perrie noticed how sad he looked and she bit her lip to prevent herself from crying again. “And that’s why I love you so much. But we can’t keep doing this, this long distance it’s starting to take its toll on us and-“

“Don’t” Perrie interrupted him, sensing where the conversation was heading, but he paid no attention to her and continued talking.

“You deserve someone better, someone you can reach whenever you need to, to support you 24/7, to take care of you and clearly I can’t be that person”

“Of course you can! You already are!” she cried but her protests were unheard.

“I love you so much Perrie and that’s why I think we should take a break” Zayn finished still staring into the blonde’s eyes who were no longer filled with tears but more with anger.

“Well I disagree” Perrie stood up from the couch and crossed her arms. “We barely see each other anyways so I don’t think it would make any difference”. Zayn had to give it to her, Perrie had a point.

“But I think you should see someone else, meet new people and-“

“Do you want to see someone else?” Perrie arched her eyebrow; she was not making this any easier for him. “Is that what this is about? Fuck you Zayn!” she immediately yelled, not giving him a second to answer her question. That was the thing with Perrie, she was always bubbly and happy but when she got angry, no one would like to see Perrie angry.

“I never said that” Zayn tried calming her down but Perrie was already fuming, cursing right and left and babbling about how she should’ve seen this coming. “Perrie!” Zayn stopped her. “No, I love you so much you have no idea. In fact, I don’t wanna see anyone else ever again, I wanna spent the rest of my life with you”