1|01: A New Chapter.

Unfolding The Unplanned.

Chapter 01: A New Chapter.

(*) Lacey's Point Of View (*) – August 2016.

Tapping my foot under the table, nervously awaiting the results. The results that will help with my future and help with my family. I am scared, scared of what is going to happen as I have neglected my work for parts of the last two years. The last two years were hard, not only with school but giving birth too – that bloody hurt like a b*tch. That is a sentence that I would not have thought that I would say at my age but hey ho.

Anyway, moving on, to be fair I am nowhere near as scared as I was about fourteen months ago when I found out that I was pregnant with the twins. I keep tapping my foot underneath the table, waiting for my Mother to come over to us with the results. I, Toby, Aria, Alfie, Olivia and Adam came to the school about ten minutes ago to collect our A-level results (I and Olivia only getting results). I still don't really know what I want to do as a job but what I do know is that I cannot wait to go to university to study Film Studies with Psychology, I choose this so that my options are still open. I am bored of school, I was over it last year, and I just want to break free from it.

"You okay babe?" Toby asks me, sending me out of my gaze, I whip my head up to face him and give him a half-hearted smile, still tapping my foot underneath the table.

"Quit it would you? Rachel is trying to sleep and you are bloody annoying." Adam groans, giving me a death glare but I just stick my tongue out at him and advert my eyes towards my phone. Pressing my phone, I groan as my Mother has been gone ten minutes to get mine and Olivia's results.

Adam and Olivia are sitting opposite from I and Toby on the blue sofa's against the wall; Olivia giving Rachel a bottle of milk as she is hungry. Toby is holding Aria and Alfie is asleep in his car seat by my feet. Clasping my hands together, I place my head on the sofa behind us and let out a sigh. I really want to know my results quickly so I can go home and clean the house, ready for the start of university that starts next week. My life is flashing in front of my eyes, dam it needs to slow down.

"Come on Alfie, please be quiet and go to sleep. Daddy is tired and all he wants to do is sleep." He informs Alfie, rocking him back and forth, trying to get him to go to sleep.

Toby came back late last night due to working over-time at work yesterday. My Mother had the twins while I was at work yesterday and when I got back from work, I put the twins to bed and emptied the dishwasher, filled it, washed up, cleaned the kitchen and did some research for my degree. Then Toby came home, we started to watch something on the TV but then he fell asleep on the sofa as he was knackered.

Since I am starting university next week, I had to cut my hours down at work as I will be quiet busy with university and the twins so I had to cut some hours at work. Grabbing the camera out of my bag off the floor, I turn it on and start to talk into the camera, "Hi guys, well together is the day. I am getting my A-level results and I am scared out of my mind. If you are watching this and don't live in the UK, they are exams that you take at the end of school and if you get the results then you go to university or collage (if you live in the US). I, Toby, the twins and my best friends who you met the other day are here today with their little girl who you have met before. Anyway, we are here to get my results." I say to the camera and the flip it around so it points to the rest of the gang, making sure I get everyone in the shot.

Stopping at Toby, I zoom into Alfie and then say, "Alfie has been crying all the way here, he is very restless so Toby is trying to get him to sleep." I say and then zoom out, from the corner of my eye, I can see my Mother is coming over to us with the results in her hands.