2|21: A Single Word That Makes Your World Crumble.

Unfolding The Unplanned.

Chapter 21: A Single Word That Makes Your World Crumble.

(*) Lacey's Point Of View (*) - Friday 19th October 2033.

"What number pregnancy is this?" My doctor asks me as soon as we enter the doctors room. I give the doctor a small smile and look down at my watch as we are running late to go and meet my mother, she said it is urgent so we need to hurry this appointment up and go and meet her. 

"Erm it is number five. I have had my twins, Aria and Alfie, then it was Anthony and lastly it was Adrian. We didn't think we would have another child but apparently the sperm and the egg didn't agree with us." I state, letting out a chuckle to myself as my lame attempt to be humours with the doctor.

He just nods his head awkwardly and puts some information into the computer. I steal a glance at Toby who is just grinning at me like he did when we were in secondary school and when I was pregnant with Alfie and Aria. 

"Okay that's grand. Now we need to do a few tests as this is your first time visiting us for this pregnancy, am I correct?" He asks me, now facing me. Toby clicks on his camera and presses a few buttons on it but not actually presses 'record' on the camera.

"Yes you are correct. I haven't seen another doctor for this pregnancy, I wanted to wait until the one month mark before I came here today. Also I didn't find out until last week anyway." I say to the man and again he turns around to face his desk and taps away quickly, onto the computer. 

"That is good then. So let's get things sorted then shall we? We need to take your blood first then followed by some medical information which is boring. Lastly, we can go onto the fun bit of this doctor's appointment where people enjoy which is seeing your little baby." My doctor speaks, getting off the chair.

For the next twenty minutes or so, the doctor checks my blood, I can honestly say this is the bit which I am least looking forward to as I don't like it at all as I hate needles. They hurt like a naughty word (too lazy to think of one) and after anyone takes blood, I feel so weird and groggy.

Sitting down on the chair, the doctor asks both Toby and me a series of questions such as, my diet and how much I work out, also asking me some personal questions about my blood flow. It has been every month up to about August time when it stopped. Well most of the questions, scratch that all of the questions where all directed to me instead of Toby but he did answer the questions.

I am now currently sitting on my back against the cold table. My stomach exposed to the rest of the room, jell already on my stomach as I wait for the doctor to come back over to me to carry on the appointment. She just went out of the room as another doctor wanted to speak to her in private. Tapping my hands against the side of the bed while I wait for the doctor to come back, while Toby is busy on his phone, I think he is checking some emails regarding emails or something like this.

To be fair, I didn't think we would be pregnant again anytime soon as we took a big break from the last child (over ten years is a long time) so being pregnant again is strange. However, I am happy that I am pregnant again, each pregnancy is different but a blissful experience.

The doctor comes back into the room. smiling at me as she grabs the probe from the side. "You ready?" She asks me and I nod my head in response. Toby scoots his chair closer to us as the doctor switches the machine on next to me. Toby leans his body against the table, taking my hand in his.

Next, she grabs places the probe over me stomach, sending shivers down my spine. "Oh that is cold. Dam I didn't miss this at all. Its so cold." I let out a laugh as Toby lets out a chuckle.