3|30: Joey.

Unfolding The Unplanned.

Chapter 30: Joey.

(#) Aria's Point Of View (#) – Flashback To The Funeral.

Didn't think this day would come, I did know that it would have to come eventually however, I didn't think it would be anytime soon. I am so sad today, I have been crying non-stop for the last couple of hours and I don't think it helps that I didn't get much sleep last night either as I couldn't sleep due to thinking about today. However, I am so glad that I had Joey with me to comfort me late last night about my Grandma's death, me wrapped up in his arms again did help a little bit.

Let me tell you something, listen up close as I will only tell you once, nothing will ever prepare for your death, also you should not prepare yourself for death either as you will wallow in self pity until that very day does come. You should just take the bull by the horn and just go with it, go with life as you don't know when life will take you.

Now we have gotten that sad speech over and done with for a few hours, I wipe a stray tear that has leaked from the corner of my eye and focus on the task in hand and that is arranging the flowers on the mantel piece again as I am a good daughter and I told my Mother that I would do it for her as she couldn't do it as she kept on crying. To be fair, I don't know why I haven't burst into tears but I haven't.

I have always hated flowers and today is no expectation, I move the Lily's behind the Roses and then put the other flowers that I don't know the name of by the Lily's. Feeling happy with the arrangement, I wipe the derby from the flowers off my black dress and get up from the floor. Grabbing my phone from the side, I reply back to Joey who is just getting ready at his house before he comes to the funeral with me, he slept here last night but forgot his clothes so he had to go back to get them and then he is meeting me here before we go to the funeral later on. I am so glad that he, Rachel and Allie are coming with me to the funeral, especially happy that Joey is coming with us as I cannot take the silence anymore from my sibling.

They haven't bothered to speak to me nor try to communicate with me since our augment since Christmas Eve, they didn't even say 'Happy Christmas' to me on Christmas, the annoying and pathetic buggers but oh well, I don't need them to be happy. I would like it if they get over their little pathetic drama for today to focus solely on my Nan as that is what she would have wanted us to do, be happy and talk, not to be annoying and stuck in our ways and not talk which they are doing at the moment. However, they are stubborn and won't give up and talk to me after I haven't really done anything wrong, I have said sorry so I don't get what more they want me to do.

Anyway, I said to myself last night that I won't wallow in self-pity over that, life is too short to care about silly little arguments and my Nan has taught me that, I still can't believe it took me so long to realise but it did and I hope they realise soon or it may be too late for us. Aria don't think like that, I mentally scold myself as I walk through the lounge and up the sitars, heading towards my bedroom, I pass Alfie's old bedroom as I walk up to my bedroom. He moved out about a year ago so at least I don't have to face him now but I too am planning to move out of here soon anyway as I want my own space, somewhere that I can call mine. Don't get me wrong, I do love this home and it will always be home but I want my own space to call my own if you get me.

My phone buzzes in my pocket and I open up my messages to see that Joey has texted me to tell me that he is on his way and that he will be about ten minutes, Joey hasn't moved out either, I have a plan though that can change that soon, hopefully. Moving on, I grab my black lipstick and the lip liner from the top of the counter and go over to the mirror and apply the lip liner first over my list, trying to make them look fuller. Once I have done this, I then apply the lipstick, smiling at the mirror, I scan myself in the mirror once over, proceeding with the next activities.