3|34: 'Aloeel'.

Unfolding The Unplanned.

Chapter 34: 'Aloeel'

(*) Aria's Point Of View (*) – 22nd February 2036.

"Goodbye Oliver; I don't forgive you but we can move past this." I say to him as I shut the door behind him, letting out a sigh, leaning against the door as I steady my breathing. Oliver gives me a quick glance but nods his head as he walks away – back to his truck and out of sight.

After about a couple of minutes of me leaning against the doorframe, I sigh and take a couple of breathes. Picking up my happiness that is lying on the floor after speaking to Oliver. I buckle it up with the rest of my pride and walk away from the door.

Entering the kitchen, I grab a glass from cupboard and fill it with water. Glugging it down in one, I fetch my phone from my back pocket and send a text to Joey to tell him that I will leave in a few minutes. Grabbing my keys from the side table, exiting the kitchen and the house but not before I grab my jacket and bag from the floor by the front door.

Opening the door, I throw my bag on the seat next to me, start the car. Plugging my phone into the stereo, Rag and Bones Man voice starts to sing through the speakers as I drum my fingers alongside the sterling wheel. Checking behind and to the sides before I leave, I leave the drive – heading towards Rachel's house.

Driving around the city at night is peaceful without all the hustle and bustle of the city; without all traffic and the constant noise of the other cars bustling past me. It is all so peaceful without the other drives nicking the lanes and angry people at cross-roads. However, tonight isn't one of those nights, tonight is the totally opposite.

Tonight, is busy. Tonight, is bloody busy with cars amongst cars, traffic within traffic. Angry people in their cars, wishing that they can be anywhere but here, anywhere but shut in traffic on this freezing cold night.

A car in front of me, two males occupy it, chatting amongst themselves; maybe about sports, maybe about themselves. Then the car to my right is full to the brim with a family of four, lives everywhere you see, some are smiling but most are unhappy. Unhappy that they are stuck on this road, waiting for the traffic in front to hurry up and move along so they can finally get to their destination.

And don't forget an angry Aria – a very annoyed little Aria.

Why am I doing this to myself, Aria you are yourself so stop talking in the third person and just switch the song to another. "Just bloody get in your own bloody lane mister. No don't slow down, it's not a red light yet so bloody get going and take the bloody corner!" I scream at the drivers in front of me, looking like a mad woman.

The car in front of me slows down and you guessed right, slows down and stops before the traffic light turns from green to red. Sighing as I slow the car down, letting out a huff underneath my breathe as the car comes to a halt behind the annoying car.

"F*ck." I curse under my breathe, tapping my nails against the sterling wheel. Picking up my phone, I send a quick text message to Joey to tell him that I will be a couple of minutes late. Switching the song before the lights finally change to green, I move the gear stick and press my foot down to the floor as the car suddenly moves.

What feels like hours later but it's only a couple of minutes, myself and the car finally pull up to the drive of Rachel's house. Pulling up the hand break, moving the gearstick into natural and finally shutting down the engine. I exhale and grab my bag along with my phone – exiting the car.

Briskly walking up the steps, taking two at a time as its still freezing outside, I ring the doorbell once and shiver outside the door until someone comes and opens it. Wrapping my arms around myself, jumping up and down like a mad woman to try and keep warm on this cold, very cold Februarys night. I cannot wait to go inside with a hot drink and see my friends for a nice catchup; it feels like years since we have properly caught up and I can honestly say that it is my own fault.