3|25:The Confession.

Unfolding The Unplanned.

Chapter 25: The Confession.

(*) Lacey's Point Of View (*) – 21st December 2034.

Gripping the phone to my ear, I steady my breathing and take a seat on the side, trying not to get myself worked up about this. I am only speaking to my daughter. The daughter who hasn't spoke to me in a year, the same daughter who lost a child and the same one who left and didn't look back.

Oaky Lacey, you can do this, you just need to speak for god sake! Stop over thinking it or you won't do it, then she will hang up because she doesn't think you are on the phone still so man up well women up and bloody speak to your daughter.

Sighing again, I take a breath in and out and finally answer, "hello Aria. How are you?" I ask her, trying to get my voice to stay okay and not stutter but it is really hard as I am really nervous and scared.

I hear shuffling on the other line and I am scared that she put the phone down on me, fear and confusion runs through my veins but quickly, dies when I can hear her breathing on the other line. "Hi Mommy. I'm good, yea I think I am okay. Are you okay?" She asks me, having to think again if she is actually okay or not. I on the other hand actually don't believe her, I think she is not okay but what can I do? Nothing.

A burst of emotion goes through my veins and I take a sip of my beer from the table. "Cut the crap darling, you aren't okay and you haven't spoken to anyone since you left. What is going on Aria? Why did you leave?" I ask her, annoyance clearly in my voice but as the words leave my lips, I instantly regret speaking to her so spiteful as I might have just put the nail into the coffin. I might have lost my daughter forever. Dam you Lacey and your short temper span.

I hear her gasp on the other line and she whimpers. Great Lacey, you just made your daughter cry, good going there. But she left you and didn't speak to you, another voice adds in and I let out a sigh. I just don't know what to do. I quickly, speak at the same time as her. "I'm sorry," I say and she says, "you are right I do deserve it."

"No you don't darling. You know I have a short temper and I'm sorry. I am just sad and today is sad for us all. I should not take it out on you but why did you do it? Why did you go for Aria? We missed us, we all did." I add in, leaning against the chair, trying to get my thoughts sorted out.

"I'm so sorry Mom. I couldn't do it. I can't face anyone or you, especially you. There is no point in lying now is there? I was jealous of you as you were pregnant with Alex and I'm sorry that I didn't reply but I read every text and listened to every message and I'm sorry but I was jealous of you as I had a miscarriage and you didn't and I just was so sad that I had to leave. I know it wasn't a good excuse but I could not stay here. Poor Joey, I destroyed him, I killed him inside Momma. I did it. I'm terrible." She whispers, mumbling over her words as she is now crying.

My poor Aria.

Shaking my head, I reply, "no you didn't. Well he blames you but it wasn't your fault. You just did something that you thought was right, everyone makes mistakes. Joey he isn't right and he is taking drugs and alcohol but he choose the path that he wanted to go on. It wasn't you. It wasn't. You both had a terrible thing happen to you." I stats, trying to make her feel better.

Again, I hear shuffling on the other line so I decide to take another sip of my beer. "Mom I did, I destroyed him and it's all my fault. I shouldn't have left him all alone, I shouldn't at least brought him with me. Momma." She tearfully replies, now crying. She sniffs on the line to try and get herself to stop crying.

Ranking a hand through my hair, my heart aches as I don't like to see any of my children upset. "Listen darling, what is done is done. You can't go back now and change things. The only thing you can do is move forward. Why don't you come home?" I see myself asking her, cursing myself afterwards as I doubt she wants to come home after she hasn't spoke to anyone in a whole year.