Chapter 1

"OH COME ON SONIC ANSWER ME!" Amy shouted at the top of her lungs. Yes Sonic had gone and disappeared on her again, Amy ponders whether Sonic is just avoiding her or he was just sleeping considering it was night time. Amy decided to try again tomorrow, it was getting late, Amy was usually so confident in her abilities to get Sonic, the love of her life, to marry her, but time and time again she failed. Her friend Tails, a young two-tailed fox, told her to try to move on, but she never listened. As Amy was walking home however, she heard a strange noise to her left, it almost sounded like someone was crying.

Curious, she went in to investigate, the alley way was as bad as they came. The brick walls were stained with blood, a sign that something horrible happened here, but upon further inspection, the stain looked as though it had been there for about a few days. As she grew closer to the strange noise her heart began to race, what if this is a bad idea she thought to herself, bad idea or not she moved closer. When she got to the source her hypothesis was confirmed, a mobian who appeared to be a year older than her was lying in the alley, crying. Amy, being the caring person she is, asked him what was wrong, no response.

She couldn't stand to see him like this so she decided to ask if he was okay, the only response she got was a soft whimper. The mobian appeared to be fine, but Amy could barely see anything in the darkness, luckily she had a small flashlight in her pocket. When she turned it on she screamed and jumped back in fear, this wasn't your average mobian, it had metal plates covering a fraction of his body. His right arm and leg was almost completely metal, the left arm and leg were only partially covered. His head had a few metal patches on the top and on his chin, she gathered the courage to pick the light back up and shone it on him. He appeared to be a hedgehog, although he had the ears of a cat, Amy was a bit confused but just assumed he was born this way, minus the metal parts of course.

As Amy's mind realed about how he got this way she also wondered why he was here. "Are you lost?" She asked as gently as she could, he shook his head, Amy didn't quite understand what he meant, if he's not lost then why is he here? "Do you...live here, in this alley way?" she asked, he nodded. Now she understood, he lives in the alley way, meaning he hasn't the one thing that people should always have, a place to call home. Amy then said to him, "Is there anything I can do to help you?" the only reply she got was a head gesture that said "No."

Amy didn't understand his answer, why wouldn't he want help he clearly needs? She thought about it and finally made up her mind. "Listen, I can tell you've been through a lot, so why won't you let me help you?" The mobian then started to cry again, he wanted to talk to her so much, but he was scared to. Amy was not going to take no for an answer, he needed help, bad, as she was about to say he was coming with her no matter what she noticed something she didn't see before, his left eye was the eye of metal sonic. Amy couldn't believe what she was seeing, his right eye was perfectly fine but his left eye was just a black space with a red eye in it, it also seemed that tears weren't coming out of that eye, only his right eye was shedding tears.

Amy didn't dwell on this for too long, what mattered right now is getting him some help. "Come on." she said "I'll take you to my place." Amy wasn't sure if this was a good idea, but it was the right one. The dark green hedgehog began to panic and shook his head furiously. "What's wrong?" Amy asked, the hedgehog pointed at a metal section of his chest, indicating he was afraid of people seeing him. Amy laughed, "Don't worry, no one's gonna see you, everyone's asleep." The stranger just sat there and refused to leave. Amy figured there was no getting to him until he had some kind of camouflage.

Amy thought of something that might work, "Wait here, I'll be right back." and with that, she left him there, running to Tails' house to see if he had some clothes. When she finally arrived at his lab she rang the doorbell and waited patiently for the door to open. Tails finally arrived at the door and opened it, rubbing his tired eyes. He looked up to see his second closest friend, "Amy? What are you doing here? Do you have any idea what time it is?", He asked with a yawn.

"Sorry Tails I just need some clothes."

"Why do you need clothes, you have plenty don't you?"

"Um...guy clothes."

When Tails heard this he seemed to wake up a bit. "W...What do you mean?"

"It's a long story, I just need a hoodie and some jeans, and maybe some shoes."

"Uh...okay I, guess I'll go get the clothes but can't it wait until tomorrow?"

As much as Amy wanted to tell him the truth she was afraid of what he would say. Tails was usually a pretty understanding person, but ever since the whole ordeal with the Metarex, he hasn't been the same.

Before Tails was full of life, and everywhere he went he brought a smile to the people's faces with his happy-go-lucky attitude, but now, he's been distant from everyone. He isn't as cheerful as he once was, the smile that was almost always on his face just vanished completely. Amy knew why he was like this, it was because of what happened to Cosmo, Tails could never forgive himself for what happened, she wishes there was something she could do, but she had no idea how to deal with this kind of problem.

"Hey Amy." Said Tails, snapping Amy out of her train of thought. "I got you those clothes, but I don't have a spare pair of shoes, I could go to the store and get some tomorrow?"

Amy, still trying to wrap her head around if the metal hedgehog was okay or not, took the clothes without hesitation. She thanked Tails and was about to walk away but Tails stopped her. "What shoe size do you need?" Amy didn't think about that, she just wanted the clothes and nothing else. "I don't know, I'll tell you when I find out." She said with a hint of concern in her voice. And with that, she went back to the stranger, as she was walking she had a thought, what if I can get Tails to talk to someone? She thought about this the entire way back to the alley.

When she got back to the alley, she was relieved to see he was still there, though it looked like he fell asleep. She gave him a gentle nudge in order to wake him up. "I brought you some clothes." she said softly, the hedgehog looked up at her and tilted his head. "When you wear these people will think you're an average mobian, they won't suspect a thing." She gave the clothes to him and waited for him to change. When he finally did get the clothes on they went back to Amy's house, the stranger practically limping the whole way there.