Chapter 17

Amy and Maverick headed home while Sonic stayed with Tails for the night, Maverick hadn't noticed it but Richard hadn't talked to him since he met Cream, it was nice not having a voice constantly yakking in your ear all the time. Amy opened the door and turned on the TV and began watching a reality show, "Whew" Amy sighed, "What a day right Mav?" Maverick sat down next to her and nodded, the two sat in silence until the show went to commercial and Amy rested her head on Maverick's shoulder. Maverick saw this and blushed a bit, "A-Amy, what are you doing?" He asked her, Amy looked up at him and gave a devious smile, "What's the matter Mav, uncomfortable?" She asked him. Maverick quickly looked away from Amy and said, "N-no, it's not that I..." Maverick couldn't get the words out, Amy knew how Maverick felt about her yet she just acts like it was some weird dream she had, the only thing Maverick didn't get is why. The pink hedgehog wrapped her arms around the shaking hybrid and said, "Mav, can I ask you something?"

"Uhm...okay...what is it?"

"What were your mom and dad like?" Maverick didn't respond, he never really knew what his parents were like, Amy let go of him and took off his hood, "It's alright Mav, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Amy said, noticing the agony in his eyes, Maverick was silent for a while until he finally spoke up, "They're dead Amy, my parents are dead..." He was practically whispering, Amy scratched the back of his left ear, Maverick twitched at her touch. Amy noticed this and kept scratching, Maverick purred like a kitten, "Aw....I didn't know you liked being scratched here." Amy said, resting her head on his shoulder yet again. Maverick was afraid to move while Amy's breathing got heavy, Amy fell asleep on top of Maverick, knowing there was no way out of this he gave in and carefully put his arm around her waist, not wanting to wake her up. He felt his eyelids get heavy, he didn't want to go to sleep right next to her, it'd be, weird.

Maverick nudged tapped her forehead lightly until she began to stir, she looked up at him with tired eyes, "What is it bro?" She asked the hedgecat. Maverick heard what she said and was a bit confused, "D-did you just call me 'bro'?" He asked her, Amy giggled faintly and got up from the couch, "Yeah, you're kinda like a brother to me now so, why not call you that?" She said walking to her room, Maverick stood up and shut off the TV, the house was pitch black, the only light coming from Maverick's left eye. Amy used this light to find her room and tucked herself in. Maverick felt that fuzzy feeling again, only this time he didn't fight it, instead he let it grow, "So...if i'm your brother now than, wouldn't that make you my sister?" He asked Amy who was hoping to find a comfortable position to fall asleep in. "Yep, I am now your sister Maverick, how does it feel?" she asked drowsily, Maverick smiled at her and said, "I don't know how to describe the feeling...." He was about to enter his room when Amy called his name, he poked his head through the door like a 5 year old and asked Amy what was up, She sat up and looked at the bright light red eye of his and said, "Can you sleep in my room tonight?" A chill went up Maverick's spine when she said this, "W-w-w-w-what?" He said nervously, "I won't try anything, I promise." She said laying back down. Maverick slowly advanced towards Amy's bed and took off his clothes, it bothered Maverick more than it did Amy, once his clothes were off he crawled into bed with her and asked her one more question before dozing off, "W-why did you want me to do this?" Amy flipped over on her side to face him and put her arms around him, "I just don't wanna be alone tonight..." She whispered, "Uh...why?" The ever curious Maverick asked the sleepy female. She placed her finger on his lips and said, "Just go to sleep Mav..." and she went to her dreams, the fuzzy feeling inside Maverick had practically taken control of him as he wrapped his arms around her sister and dozed off.