Chapter 12

A week had passed since Tails had last seen Amy, he sat at his desk and thought about what she had said to him. "Let go?" Tails said out loud, talking to himself, "Cosmo was the one person who I knew felt the same way I felt about her, how can I just let go of her?" Tails looked down at a combination wrench that was stuck to a bolt on a machine the Tails worked on in his spare time, which seemed to be all the time. Tails sighed and got up from his chair and went into the living room, his tails sagging behind him. Tails hadn't felt that strongly about anyone in his life, unless you count Sonic whom Tails considers his 'big bro', Tails couldn't get Cosmo out of his head, she'd been with him through thick and thin when fighting the Metarex, Tails wondered if there was another way to beat the Metarex that didn't involve killing Cosmo.

While Tails was lost in thought his door alarm had been going off for about 2 minutes, he went up to answer the door and perked up a bit when he saw who it was. "Hey Sonic." He said, trying to hold push back his thoughts, "Heya Tails, how's my best bud doin'?" Sonic said to him, giving him a noogie, Tails laughed when Sonic did this, he hadn't seen him since, well, what happened to Cosmo. Tails managed to break away from him and looked up at Sonic, making direct eye contact, "I've been fine, what about you?"

"Well, you know me." Sonic said, giving Tails his trademark smile and thumbs up. Tails chuckled at his best friend, he always enjoyed being around Sonic, even though he can be a bit of a selfish jerk at times. "Mind if I come in?" Sonic asked Tails, "Um, yeah sure, come right in." Tails said, forcing a smile. Sonic dashed right by Tails and hopped on the couch, Tails looked at Sonic at shook his head, he was as energetic as ever. Sonic looked up at Tails as he sat down, noticing the expression he was making, Sonic knew this look like the back of glove. "What's wrong bud, aren't you happy to see me?" He asked his usually cheerful friend, Tails looked at Sonic and sighed, "No, it's not that I'm not happy to see you it's just..."

"It's just what?"

"..."

"Tails come on you can tell me, you know how good I am at keeping secrets." Tails started to cry, Sonic's expression changed as soon as he saw this, he scooted over to Tails and put his arm around him. "Alright pal, what's eatin ya?" Sonic said, trying to comfort Tails.

Tails didn't know how to tell Sonic what was bothering him, he knew that Sonic would understand considering his history. (That's a whole nother story by the way.) Tails looked up him, seeing the concern on his face, "I-it's about C-C-Cosmo..." Tails said, holding back the tears, Sonic quickly understood what Tails told him and patted his back. "Don't worry bud, you'll find someone else that's better than her, I promise." Tails gave Sonic an aggravated face and stood up from the couch, "How can you say that Sonic?" He said, startling the true blue hero, he may have saved the world multiple times but comforting his friends wasn't a big issue for him. Tails finally let the tears rushed down his face, "She was my friend, the love of my life, there is no one out there like her Sonic, she cared for me like I was a kid who just survived a beating, so tell me how exactly is there anybody out there that's just like her, answer that Sonic." He said between sobs. Sonic was in complete shock, he didn't know what to do, he knew he had to do something to get Tails to stop crying, but what? He stood up placed his hand on his shoulder, "Now you listen to me Tails." He told the sobbing fox, "You are one of a kind, you're smart, you're fun to be around, and all around a really caring person, who wouldn't want to be with you?" Tails looked up at Sonic, quietly sniffling. Tails forced another smile as best as he could and said, "You mean it Sonic?" Sonic hugged Tails, he hated seeing him like this, Sonic didn't want one of his most confident friends he ever knew cry. "I know it Tails." He told him, Tails slowly returned Sonic's comforting embrace, "Thanks Sonic, you always know what to say..." Sonic chuckled, "Heh, well, you know."

The blue hedgehog let go of his yellow friend and looked at the time, "Hey Tails, I think I have an idea." He said with a grin. Tails knew that look, he had a plan to get him in a relationship, "Sonic no." He told him. Too late, Sonic swooped Tails off his feet and ran out the door with him in his arms, "Sonic YES!" He told Tails, Tails has a bad feeling about this, if Sonic had a plan than that means he thought of something without thinking twice about it.