Chapter 13

Sonic sped through the streets while Tails held onto him for dear life, when Sonic finally stopped running he put Tails' feet back on the ground, Tails felt like he was going to vomit so he ran to a nearby bush and puked there, when he finished he turned around with an annoyed expression, "Warn me next time okay?" He said to Sonic, Sonic just chuckled and shrugged, slightly annoying Tails. Tails looked around and saw that Sonic had taken him to the park, specifically the section where the girls liked to hang out, Tails didn't like where this was going, "Sonic I don't like this, maybe we should go back to my lab." Tails was about to fly away but Sonic grabbed his arm, "Oh no, you are not going anywhere until you find someone, got it?" He told his already heartbroken buddy. "Look Sonic, I appreciate the help but I don't have the experience needed to..." Sonic pushed Tails in the direction of the ladies without hesitation, "You don't need experience to talk to people Tails, just do what you usually do, wait what do you usually do?" He asked him, "Let you do the talking." He answered Sonic. Sonic, trying to hold back his laugh, kept forcing Tails to his destination, Tails finally gave in to Sonic and let him continue his plan, Sonic stopped pushing Tails and pointed to a young grey squirrel on a bench, reading a book. "Why not try talking to her?" Sonic asked Tails, He saw who Sonic was talking about and nodded nervously, Sonic gave Tails a slap on the back, "You'll be fine Tails, just be yourself, that's what I do." Tails gave Sonic one last aggravated face before slowly advancing towards her.

Tails sat next to her and looked at her, she didn't notice him because she was too busy reading a book that seemed to be about the anatomy of a mobian. She was wearing brown shorts that covered a portion of her knees, the purple shirt that she was wearing had a band name on it that Tails couldn't make out, she was wearing light green converse that were untied, lastly Tails looked at her face, her hair went down to her shoulders and she was wearing glasses that had a black and blue striped pattern, her eyes might have been the lightest shade of pink Tails ever saw.

Tails slowly scooted closer to her, his face dripping with sweat, he really didn't want to this but he had to since Sonic wouldn't let him leave until he found love. The girl looked over at Tails and quickly looked back at her book, trying to hide her face, Tails took this as a sign that she wasn't up for conversation right now but Tails had to say something, so he did. "W-what book are you reading?" He asked her, trying not to show fear, the girl slowly looked back at him and pointed to the cover of the book, the book was called The Last One Left by: R.L. Spine (Shut up I'm not good with titles okay?) Tails decided to keep the conversation going, "W-what's it about?" He asked cautiously. The girl quickly flipped the book around and pointed at description on the back, it was about a guy who wants to end his life but couldn't because he can't die, the main character had no sense of fear and lacked any emotion due to his several deaths, a really touching story if you think about it. Tails looked up at the seemingly shy squirrel and asked what her name was, she didn't answer him, now Tails didn't want to keep talking to her, she clearly didn't want to talk either, but Tails had to do this or else Sonic would keep him here until he found the right one.

Tails tapped her shoulder and she froze up, squealing softly. "It's alright, i'm not gonna hurt you I just want to know what your name is that's all." He said gently, the two sat in silence for a while before the girl got up and walked away swiftly, Tails sat there and hung his head in shame, he really messed up that one. Sonic saw her run away and walked up to Tails, "It's alright bud, the first one isn't always the right one." Tails got up from the bench, not looking at Sonic, "She wasn't the first one Sonic..." Tails said with a sinister tone in his voice, after he said that he flew off, leaving Sonic in shock. Sonic sat on the bench and questioned what Tails meant by that, it didn't take long to figure out that Cosmo was the first one, not the squirrel kid. Sonic smacked his forehead in frustration, maybe Tails was right, maybe this was a bad idea, Sonic decided to try again once Tails calmed down, if he calmed down. For now though Sonic decided to go see someone who he knew would probably snap his spine with her hug of death, he was going to visit his number one fan, Amy Rose.