Chapter 15

Amy tilted her head in confusion, "What do you mean 'new friend'?" she asked unaware of Sonic eavesdropping on her and Maverick's conversation. "Don't play dumb with me Amy, I heard you talking to somebody and I wanna meet him, so where is he?" Sonic said, trying to play it cool, Sonic knew that if Amy was explaining who he was to some one in her own words then that person would have the wrong idea about him and her. Amy gasped softly and looked over Sonic's shoulder to see Maverick standing there, covering his face with his hood, Maverick had his robo eye closed so that it didn't shine through the shadow covering his face, Sonic noticed that Amy was looking at something behind him and turned around to face whoever this person was. "Sonic this is Maverick, Maverick this is Sonic." Amy said, attempting to hide her fear of Sonic uncovering Maverick's secret, Sonic gave a thumbs up to Maverick and Maverick waved his hand sheepishly, Sonic pointed to Maverick's hood and said, "What's with the getup, you don't want anyone to see your face or something?" Maverick gave a nervous shrug and said, "Something like that, yeah..." Sonic noticed the robotic echo in his voice but didn't say anything.

Maverick, Sonic and Amy were all sitting down at the table talking to each other, Maverick didn't say much for the first 5 minutes but finally got the guts to ask Sonic something, "H-hey Sonic?" He said, "What's up?" Sonic asked giving Maverick a suspicious look, Maverick decided to screw with him a bit, "I have a knock knock joke but you have to start it." He told the blue hedgehog, "Alright, knock knock." Sonic said, "Who's there?" Maverick said. Sonic sat there for a total 10 seconds before understanding the joke, he snorted at Maverick's clever joke and Amy laughed softly, Sonic looked over at Maverick and grinned at him, "Not a bad joke Mav." He said to the clearly nervous mobian. Some of the tension seemed to have gone away at this point, "So I tried getting Tails to find someone to fix his heart, I failed." Sonic said, Amy bonked Sonic's head, "You dummy! Why would you DO that?!" She said in a harsh tone, "Sonic you do realize that you can't force people to forget right?" Maverick said quietly. Sonic looked over at him and said, "Like you would've done something different."

"Actually, if someone I knew was heartbroken, I wouldn't force them out on a date with a complete stranger." Maverick said to the slightly annoyed hedgehog. Amy saw the mad expression on Sonic's face and told them to calm down, but to no avail. "Well tell what you would've done than Maverick."

"I would've remembered the 5 stages of grief; Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Right now, Tails seems to be in the second stage, anger, so I would've given him some space instead of rubbing salt in the wound." Maverick told Sonic, slightly afraid of what Sonic would do. Sonic looked like was about to explode, Amy knew she had to do something to calm him down.

"Hey Sonic?" She asked Sonic, "Maybe he's right, Tails is going through alot right now, maybe..." Sonic looked at Amy with a hateful looked that quickly disappeared, "You're right, both of you, I shouldn't have done that." Maverick looked at the sorrow on Sonic's face and questioned if Sonic really was what Amy said he was. Sonic got up from his seat and walked towards the door, "Where are you going Sonic?" She asked him, "I'm going to go apologize to Tails real quick, i'll see you both in a bit k?" He said solemnly, Sonic opened the door and sped to Tails' lab. He rang the doorbell and waited, when no one came he rang again, still no answer, Sonic wondered why it was taking Tails so long to answer the door, around the 5th time he rang a dark thought entered his mind, Sonic began to panic