Chapter 8

'Mav, what a cute nickname.' Richard said to the sleepy hedgehog, Maverick had only just woken up and Richard was already bothering him. Maverick had a pretty good idea on what Richard wanted him for, Richard practically begged Maverick to sleep in Amy's room last night, but Maverick hit the mute button on him. 'Mav, don't you see that she...'

'Could you not call me that, please?'

'Awww, but I like it, it's adorable, almost adorable as her am I right?' If Richard was a real mobian Maverick would've slapped him by now. 'Mav, listen to me, you're not gonna get anywhere in your life unless you...' Maverick tuned him out by turning on the TV, Maverick figured that there wouldn't be anything worth watching, and he was right, the only thing that he could watch was the news which didn't have anything newsworthy in his opinion.

Maverick heard a sound, like a door opening, he looked behind the couch to see that Amy was awake, she rubbed her eyes sheepishly and looked at Maverick, and she smiled. "Mornin'." She said drowsily, Amy was wearing white and pink striped Pj's that seemed to fit her like a glove, speaking of gloves Amy wasn't wearing her gloves or her red headband, Maverick just assumed she put on those clothes when she woke up. Maverick felt fuzzy again, he had only known this girl for 2 days and he had a crush on her, what a world. He quickly looked away from her, not wanting her to wonder why he couldn't stop staring at her, it was a bit late for that. "What was that face for Mav?" She asked tilting her head like a dog. He figured there was no way out of this situation so he answered her, "It's just that, those pajamas fit you perfectly." Amy giggled at his comment and gave him a playful shove. "Mav, stop being such a flirt!" Maverick wanted to tell her how he really felt, but even he didn't know if he loved her or not, Richard seemed to know however Maverick and him haven't been getting along lately so he never asked him.

Amy sat down next to him and flipped a bit of her hair that was in her face, Maverick saw this and felt fuzzy yet again. Maverick just wanted this feeling to go away, he didn't want such a confusing emotion inside him whenever he looked at her, he just wanted to be a good friend without making things awkward. Amy picked up the remote and flipped through the channels until the doorbell rang, Amy quickly looked at the door and then at Maverick, he wasn't wearing his hoodie or jeans, which is perfectly fine for male mobian to do. Amy knew that if someone saw Maverick like this then...she didn't want to think about it. "Maverick, quick, put your clothes on." Amy said to him, slightly scared. "Good idea, I don't want my secret to get out." Maverick went to his room and the doorbell rang again.

Once Maverick was out of sight Amy went to open the door, behind the door was her best friend in the whole world, Cream the Rabbit, her chao friend Cheese, and her mother Vanilla. Amy gave a soft gasp, "Hey Vanilla, Cream, Cheese, ( ;) ) what brings you guys to my humble abode?" She asked with a big smile. Vanilla held Cream's hand while Cheese flapped his(?) wings excitedly, "Hello Amy." said Vanilla, "I have errands to run and I was wondering if you could watch Cream for me?"

"Of course I can Vanilla, I'd be more than happy to!" Amy said with a cheer. Cream's brown eyes lit up when she heard this, she hasn't hung out with her ever since they beat the Metarex, Vanilla gave a warm smile and let go of Cream's hand while Cheese did a backflip of joy. "Okay you three, have fun!" Vanilla said before leaving, it was always nice to have Cream over but in the excitement Amy forgot one crucial detail, how was she gonna explain Maverick?