Chapter 9

"Cream, could you and Cheese wait here I need to go get something." Amy said with fear in her jade eyes, "Okay Amy." said Cream, "Chao chao!" said Cheese. The young rabbit and her favorite chao sat on the couch while Amy went to see how Maverick was doing, when she walked in she saw that Maverick putting on his hoodie, she froze. Amy never saw another mobian get dressed before, sure she saw Cream do it once or twice, but she never saw a guy do it. Maverick got his hoodie on correctly and turned around to see Amy standing there, it startled Maverick but not enough to make him squeal, "Hey A..." before Maverick could finish his sentence Amy ran up to him and covered his mouth, she didn't want Cream to hear her talking so she whispered in Maverick's ear, "My best friend is here..." Maverick, understanding the problem, whispered about as quiet as Amy, "What are we gonna do?"

"I don't know....just wait here until I give the signal."

"Okay, what's the signal?"

"Uh...I'll just call your name." Maverick gave Amy a worried look. "Amy are you sure about this?"

"I'm sure, don't worry Mav, her mother will be back before you know it."

"Wait, did you say her 'mother'?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Nevermind, just have fun with your friend."

Amy left the room and saw that Cream and Cheese were playing pattycake and decided to join in, meanwhile Richard was keeping Maverick company. Richard was just stood there trying to think of something to do to pass the time, eventually he thought of something, 'So, Mav, how's your girlfriend?'

'Richard I swear...'

'Calm down bud, it's just a joke.'

'...'

'...'

'Hey Richard?'

'Hm?'

'Why did you scare me like that yesterday?'

'Oh that....I got bored.' Richard gave Maverick a disturbing smile, sending a chill up his spine. 'Try again Richard, that's not a good enough excuse.'

'It is when it's the truth.'

'...'

'So Mav...'

'What did I say about calling me that?'

'Oooohhh I see how it is, when I say it it's a bad thing, but when SHE says it it's fine.'

'That's because...' Maverick froze, he couldn't believe what he was about to say. Richard's red dots grew bigger as Maverick had this sudden realization. 'See? I told you you like her.' Maverick was completely speechless, know he knows his true feelings, but how does he tell her? Richard saw the confusion on his face and said, 'If you wanna tell her you care about her than just keep doing what you're doin'.' Maverick didn't understand what Richard meant by that, 'What?' he asked him.

'Well she clearly enjoys spending time around you, truth be told I can't understand why, but she does. And ya know the best part?'

'What?'

'I get to see her die...' Maverick felt a chill go up his spine.

'you heard me right, amy will die, and you'll have no one to blame but yourself...' Maverick looked at him, his eye turning a dull shade of yellow, 'Y-you're lying.' Maverick told him, Richard's smile grew larger as Maverick grew more and more terrified of what Richard was saying. Richard's mouth never moved when he talked, it was just a giant, unsettling smile that any a child could shirek if it saw him. 'Maverick, maverick, maverick...'

Richard said with a giggle. 'when have i ever lied to you?' Maverick couldn't take it anymore and was about to yell but Richard stopped him, 'ah,ah,ah...you don't want amy to hate you do you?' Maverick wanted to strangle Richard, he wanted Richard to feel the pain Maverick felt, he wanted Richard to die.