Chapter 10

Amy, Cream and Cheese (trust me I know) were sitting together watching The Next Show, which was Cream's favorite show. The episode ended and went to commercial, Cream and Cheese were both disappointed but Amy was worried about something else entirely, she didn't know how Maverick was doing all by himself in that room, alone. Amy couldn't take it anymore and got up off the couch to check on him, but the ever so curious Cream asked Amy where she was going, and Amy said, "I just need to check on something, wait here okay?" and left. Cream looked over at Cheese and gave him a familiar look, Cheese knew what Cream was about to do, she was about to go and surprise Amy.

Richard had been talking to Maverick for about an hour now, Maverick had curled up in a ball, praying that Richard would leave him be, but Richard kept talking. 'face it maverick, you. are. worthless.' Richard's voice had no real emotion, his voice sounded like a hurricane forming with a mix of thunder in the distance. 'amy hates you maverick, why do you think she told you to stay here alone? because she doesn't want you to ruin her time with her best friend, the only reason she keeps you here is so you feel at home, and then, when you least, expect it, she won't want to see you anymore.' Richard's laugh sounded like the garbage disposal with a spoon, fork, and knife all stuck in it. Maverick couldn't take it anymore, he wanted Richard to disappear, he didn't want to hear this, but even he he covered his ears his voice rang like a cell phone. 'you'll bring her an opportunity to end her life, and when she takes that opportunity, you'll be alone again and everyone will hate you, you think she's your friend? YOU REALLY ARE AS DUMB AS YOU LOOK.'

Amy was right outside Maverick's room and was about to open the door until she saw something move out of the corner of her right eye, it was the ever so curious Cream, seeing what Amy was doing. "Cream what are you doing here?" Amy said in a stern tone. "I'm sorry Amy..." Cream said in her usual high-pitched yet quiet voice, "I just wanted to see what you were doing." "Chao cha chao!" said Cheese who was hiding behind Cream, Amy sighed and thought about what to do now, does she tell Cream about Maverick or does she not? Amy tried to play it cool as she knelt down to make eye contact with her bestest buddy, "Promise me you won't tell anyone, okay Cream?" she whispered softly, "Don't tell anyone what Amy, why are we whispering?" Amy knew there wasn't escaping this now, she had to tell Cream the truth.

Maverick was sitting in silence as Richard continued his speech. 'Maverick, you have to leave this house, you can't be here, your presence will be her demise...' Maverick wouldn't let this go on, he had to get rid of him, and he thinks he knew how. Maverick slowly looked up at Richard, his robo eye burning crimson with rage, yelled, "GET AWAY FROM ME!" Richard stopped talking and vanished, Maverick did it, he got rid of him. The door to Maverick's room opened and Amy was standing there with fear in her eyes, Cream was standing behind her, afraid of what she saw before her. Amy ran towards Maverick put his hands on his shoulders and asked, "Mav, what happened?" Maverick sat there and looked at her, his red eye slowly turning blue, he wanted to tell Amy what happened but he knew she wouldn't believe him. Instead he burst into tears and hugged her, and she hugged back, telling him everything would be alright.

Cream didn't know what to say, there was a hybrid/robot inside Amy's house, Cheese looked at the stranger and quickly ducked behind Cream, not wanting whatever that thing was to touch him. Cream picked up Cheese and told him it was alright, Cheese wasn't sure about this but Cream was, she showed no fear as she walked towards Amy's new friend. Maverick had stopped crying a bit and Amy tried to get him to say what happened, Maverick didn't say anything for he was busy looking at the young rabbit next to her. Afraid of what will happen Maverick quickly put his hood on, Amy looked at him and rolled her eyes at his action, Cream however walked towards him, once she got close enough she took off Maverick's hood and smiled at him saying, "It's alright mister, i'm not gonna tell anyone." Maverick looked at Cream with a confused look on his face, "Are you Amy's best friend?" he asked the tiny rabbit, she nodded. Maverick was even more confused, "But, you're like, 7 years old." Cream laughed, she knew what he meant by that and so did Amy who also laughed.

When Vanilla came to pick up Cream she thanked Amy and Maverick, before Vanilla left with her daughter and Chao, Cream ran up to Maverick and hugged him, Maverick didn't get the fuzzy feeling he got when Amy hugged him, but he still enjoyed it. When Cream left Amy crashed on the couch, exhausted from a long day, Maverick looked down at Amy and said, "Are you sure she's not gonna tell anyone?" Amy sighed and stood up, "Of course she wouldn't, I told her who I'm in love with and she hasn't said a word about it." Upon hearing this Maverick felt something shatter inside him, he didn't say a word as he went into his room. Amy was a little worried about Maverick's sudden exit and went to see what was wrong. As Amy was walking in she heard Maverick sobbing, not being able to take his tears any longer today she went inside to see what was wrong.