Chapter 14

Sonic was at Amy's front door and was about to ring the doorbell when he heard her talking, it sounded like there was someone else with her, someone he had never heard of before. Sonic knew that eavesdropping was wrong, but he didn't care, so he listened in on what the two were saying.

Amy had been telling Maverick about Sonic for hours now, Maverick had lost interest a few times but tuned back in when she noticed he wasn't listening. "So now you know why Sonic and I are gonna be so happy together once we get married." Maverick's mind was trying to put together everything Amy had told him, and once he did he put it in his own words, "So you mean to tell me he's a self centered jerk almost all the time but he does care about others even when it seems like he doesn't?" Amy nodded enthusiastically, "How does someone do that?" Maverick asked her. Amy giggled at Maverick's comment and said, "You really do have a lot to learn Mav, don't worry, you'll meet him and see for yourself how much of a great person he is." Amy said swooning at the thought of him, Maverick looked at his lovestruck friend and asked her, "What if he doesn't like you, what then?" Amy looked at Maverick as if he just got hit by a professional wrestler, "How could you say that of course he loves me."

"I never said he didn't love you i'm just what if that was the case?" Amy's smile soon faded as she thought about Maverick's question, she thought about it before but no one seemed to bring it up in a way that really got her thinking. Maverick sighed and said, "Nevermind Amy just, forget I said anything okay?" Amy looked at him and nodded slowly.

Sonic had heard enough of their conversation and finally rang the doorbell, Amy heard it and looked at Maverick, he nodded and got up to put his clothes on. Amy got up to answer the door once Maverick was out of sight, when she opened it Sonic braced himself for Amy's death hug. "SONIC!" Amy shouted, hugging him as tightly as she could, Sonic gasped for air as Amy let go of him, "Are you okay Sonic?" She asked, forgetting her strength. Once Sonic finally caught his breath he looked at Amy and said,"I'm fine, so, how've ya been Ames?" Sonic hadn't called Amy that in a while and soon regret it as Amy giggled and said, "I've been fine, but what are you doing here, usually I'm the one who finds you?" Amy asked, her eyes lighting up. "What, I can't visit a friend every now and then?" Sonic said in a sarcastic tone, Amy looked at him, "Well, I guess..."

"You guess? What's that supposed to mean?"

"N-Nothing I just.."

"Relax Amy, I'm just messing with you." He gave her a playful jab in the arm, she returned the fake jab with a solid punch in the stomach, knocking the wind out of Sonic. "Oh my gosh! Are you okay?" Amy asked, helping Sonic back on his feet. "Heh, you've gotten stronger hehe, ow..." Sonic said standing up. "Mind if I come in?" He asked Amy, "Of course you can!" Amy said, still as cheerful as ever, Sonic walked in and asked Amy, "So where's your new friend?"