4

Since me and Michael got together on spring break, no one at school knew we were dating...yet.

The bell rang for first period, and I found my best friend Monica.

"Is it true?" She asked, with a tad of fear in her eyes.

"Is what true...?" I tried to sound innocent.

"That you and Michael are dating!" She said dramatically. Even though I wasn't pretty, I was more on the popular side. I looked around to realize about 1/3 of the class was listening in on our conversation.

"Yeah." I said, afraid of her reaction.

"No! You need to break up with him! He's not one of us." This set me off.

"What do you mean one of us?" I said narrowing my eyes at her. She better be careful.

"He has tattoos, a ton of ugly piercings, he's not popular, he's not on the football team, he's not cute..." She stopped when she saw how mad I was.

"I hope you realize, I don't give a damn what you think. If you were my true friend, you would be happy for me because I'm happy!" Basically everyone was watching because Mrs. Smith was reading a book and wasn't paying attention to see who was watching the video she put on.

"So you really aren't going to break up with him?" She crossed the line.

"Why should I? So you don't get a reputation for being best friends with the girl who's dating that one guy?"

"Exactly! If you were a true friend, you would understand how this affects me."

"Oh, excuse me! I'm sorry that your a stuck up bitch who only cares about herself." Michael has brought out the sassy side in me. I like it though. But really, how was us dating gonna affect her?

"Did you really just go there?" She asked.

I just completely ignored her and the bell rang in about 30 seconds anyway.

By the time I got out of the door, Michael was waiting for me. I was aggravated by Monica and he could easily tell.

"What's wrong baby?" He asked me, concerned.

"Monica knows we are dating..."

"... And?"

"She told me I should break up with you because it made her look bad. I called her a stuck up bitch and we haven't talked since." I told him angrily.

"Oh babe, I'm so sorry." He said, sounding upset about it.

"Well, all bad apples fall off the tree eventually." I said causing him to laugh.

We walked down the hall together while people stared at us, laughed, and whispered. Every time Michael would catch someone staring at me, he basically gave them the death glare, which I thought was kind of adorable. We held hands, our fingers locked together, while walking down the hallway.

The bell rang for second period: chemistry. Boring. Third period: history. Boring. Fourth period: lunch. Not so boring!

I walked in the cafeteria and Michael came out of no where and put his arm around my waist while we walked through the line. We didn't get to school 'till the beginning of first period, so I haven't even met some of his school friends yet.

When we got our food, I followed Michael to a table with his friends. I sat down right beside him, said hi to Ashton, Calum, and of course Luke was there.

He introduced me to his other friends and we all sat there, half eating, half talking. The friends of his who never met me were flooding us with questions about how we got together and everything, making Ashton cringe, and Luke was pretending to gag. I still didn't know why Ashton cared though...