21:Life

MAJOR TIME JUMP

-Lilly's P.O.V.-

So I'm here in London with the boys, as they are on their third tour. It has been around 5 years since like took me into his custody and we moved to L.A. They were performing their second-to-last song "Don't Stop". Oh! I forgot to mention... I'm also famous for singing with the guys occasionally at their concerts.

So anyways, Michael and I are going to be singing "Beside You" together next! I'm so excited, yet nervous, but as I watch the boys I see Michael glance at me and smirk. It seems a little off, but somehow it still gives me comfort. I feel  like he has something planned... He usually smiles at me but he's smirking. Frankly, it's killing me!!! I can't figure out what's going on here and I just... I don't know.... Ughhhhh. I love him so much... I want to spend the rest of my life with him! He has said that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me.... That is what people say when they want to get married someday, right? Anyway, it's almost time to go onstage so I better start preparing.

"How's it going London?" Ash says into his mic. The whole crowd cheers in response so he continues.

"Alright! We have one very special performance next! Lilly is going to come sing a song with us!" He says

This is my que so I walk up on stage. I was a little rattled by him saying "very special"... Whatever I need to focus.

"Hey guys! How's it going?" I ask into the microphone I had been given before I went onstage. Once again, I got a round of cheers.

"Alright let's hit it!" I cheer. The boys start the instruments and we sing. It was a little bit of everyone singing but surprisingly, I did most of it.

Within a minute I was all packed up
Ive got a ticket to another world
I don't wanna go
I don't wanna go

Suddenly words are hard to speak
When your thoughts are all I see
"Don't ever leave" she said to me

When we both fall asleep,
Underneath the same sky
To the beat of our hearts at the same time
So close but so far away
(Can you hear me)

She sleeps
Alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was
I wish I was
Beside you

She lies
Awake
Trying to find the words to say
I wish I was
I wish I was
Beside you

Another day and I'm somewhere new
I made a promise that I'll come home soon
Bring me back,
Bring me back to you

When we both wake up,
Underneath the same sky
Time stops
I wish that I could rewind
I close but so far away

She sleeps
Alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was
I wish I was
Beside you

She lies
Awake
Trying to find the words to say
I wish I was
I wish I was
Beside you

There are pieces of us both
Under every city light
And the shining as we fade into the night

She sleeps alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was
I wish I was

She sleeps alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was
I wish I was
Beside you

She lies awake
Trying to find the words to say
Wish I was
I wish I was
Beside you

She lies awake

Beside you

I wish I was
I wish I was

She sleeps alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was
I wish I was

Towards the end of the song the guys pushed my to the front of the stage so I was right there, looking down at the fans. When the song finished, I turned around to congratulate the boys on how great they did, but when I did, Michael was down on one knee, half a foot in front of me. Just seeing him made my eyes tear up.

"Lilly Gabrielle Hemmings," he starts. I put a hand to my mouth in disbelief. I just noticed that the crowd was silent. Dead silent. " I have spent everyday with you for the past 5 years and I couldn't be happier. All of your imperfections are perfect to me and I can't imagine not being able to call you mine for the rest of my life." He wasn't holding a microphone and I noticed that Calum was standing there holding one beside his mouth so the audience could hear what he was saying. "You make me the happiest man alive. So, Lilly, will you take my hand in marriage," he says pulling a small box out of his pocket and opens it so I can see the beautiful diamond on a small circle. "So I can be beside you, everyday, for the rest of our lives." He says tearing up.

Just then Ash come and holds a microphone close enough to me so the crowd can hear me. "Oh my God! Yes! Of course Michael!" I practically yell... He stands up, putting the ring on my finger. We kiss for as long as we can without breathing before I pull him in for the tightest hug of his life.

"I love you so fucking much!" He says into my ear.

"I love you more!" I say.

We stand there and hug while the other boys thank the people for coming and all of that before we all run off the stage, me basically crying.

Everyone congratulates us, but all I can focus on, is the fact that Michael is going to be mine. Forever. His speech will never leave my head. It will ring in my ears when I sleep. But the part I remember the most, was when he said "all of your imperfections are perfect to me." He knows how I feel about my body, but he still finds it in him to love me, all of me.

And I love him. More than life itself.

~~~

Thank you for sticking with me through my whole book!!!! I would like to give a shout out to akatharine and Mocking_Jay_8851 for all of their support!!!! They are also writing their own books which aren't too far along yet but they don't have many reads so they aren't that inspired to keep going... I encourage you to check them out and thanks again!!! This book was something else and I just thought you might like to know I'm working on another book that has nothing to do with this one but I'm going to write a few chapters before I publish it so keep an eye out. Thank you!