19

The last bell rang, releasing us from school.

"Are you coming?" Michael asked me.

"No, me and Alexis have some errands to run..." I told him.

"Oh, okay." He said, confused.

He had no idea where we were going. I had a surprise planned for him. He has an eyebrow piercing and 1 earring in his right ear. It's time for me to get one.

I got in Alexis's car and we drove off.

"Are you nervous?" She asked.

"Well, I'm not scared it's going to hurt, I just hope he likes it. What about you?"

"I'm nervous, but not too bad."

We got there and walked in the building and one of the first things I noticed was the dim lighting.

"How can I help you fine ladies?" The guy at the counter asked. He was tall and had a ton of tattoos and piercings. He looked rather intimidating.

"Oh, I'm here to get a nose piercing and she wants a belly button piercing." I told him, trying not to sound nervous.

He nodded and showed us to our rooms. They were small with a little bed and a stool at a desk with tools. These rooms, unlike the rest of the building, were bright.

He went to Alexis's room and another guy came to mine. He sat down and got to work

"Which side do you want it on?"

"The right."

He reached down and put a dot with a marker on my nose. He handed me a mirror.

"Is that where you want it?" It was in just the right spot.

"Yeah, that's perfect." He cleaned the inside and outside of me nose.

"This part is going to sting but if you stay still and breathe it will be easier."

He had a needle and a tube to catch it when it went through my nose.

He shoved it in and it brought tears to my eyes. He put the ring on the end of the needle and pulled it the rest of the way through. He put it in place and smiled. "It's finished." He said

I lifted the mirror and smiled at the black gem I had picked, stuck to the end of my nose.

"I love it! Thank you." I said. I got up and went to the room that Alexis was in. She was just standing up to leave, but stopped and smiled widely when she saw me.

"It looks great." She said. She pulled up her shirt to show me her ring and it looked so good.

"Oh my damn, that looks amazing." I told her.

~~~

We had just pulled in and I was so nervous I was shaking uncontrollably. We got out of the car and just stood there for a second, taking in the fact that we had piercings. I knocked on Michael's front door and he almost immediately answered. I had a hand over my nose so he wouldn't see it at first.

"Hey! Where were you?" He asked, letting me in.

I walked in with Alexis right behind me. Perfect, all the guys are here.

"We have something to tell you guys..." Alexis said seriously, making them worried.

"We got piercings!" I yelled, moving my hand away from my face. Alexis pulled up her shirt to reveal her piercing right on cue.

"It looks amazing!" Michael said, hugging me.

"Alexis! Its gorgeous!" Calum said running to hug her.

Everyone was so happy for a while. Everyone here thought I was happy, but I feel strange.

Ever since the party, I've felt so depressed, and I don't know why. Nothing brings a real smile to my face anymore. And I know I'm good at hiding it, because Michael hasn't seen through them yet and he sees through me like I'm glass.

Do I tell someone how I really feel or do I keep it to myself?

She's perfect.

~~~

"Baby, can we talk?" Michael asked me.

The guys an Alexis had left a little while ago and we were watching TV.

"Yeah, of course. What is it?" I shifted my body a little so I was facing him.

"So a while ago, me and the guys... " he as talking really slowly and it was starting to freak me out.

"What is it?" I said, trying to encourage him to spit it Out.

"Before I met you, me and the guys made covers of songs on YouTube and before you got home they called us and offered us a record label." he finally spit out very quickly.

"That's great!" I yelled, jumping up. Woah, this is amazing!

"Yeah?!" He asked like he thought I would be upset.

"Of course! Why wouldn't it be?" I asked.

"It would mean...dropping out of highschool and moving to L.A." he said with a frown.

"Oh." I said. "What are you guys going to do?"

"we don't know yet..." he sighed.

"Am I even aloud to drop out yet? I don't know if I would be able to go with you guys." I mumbled.

"I looked into it. You can... But...."

"But what?" I could feel something rise up in my stomach.

"Your parents would have to sign a document allowing you to..." There is no we they would. Take a deep breath.

"Why haven't you guys decided yet?" I asked after thinking for a while.

"You and Alexis." he told me honestly.

How will this work. "I have a great idea! Hold on I'm gonna call Luke!" I said, running down the hall to get my phone.

"What's up, sis?" He asked.

"Michael told me about he record label thing and I know mom won't sign me out of highschool but since you're 18 you're an adult so maybe you could take custody of me since mom and dad are in jail and you can sign me out!" I spit out excitedly.

"That's actually not the worst idea." He paused. "Let's do it. I'm on my way." He said before hanging up.

I ran into the living room with a huge smile on my face.

"What?" he must not of heard my conversation with Luke.

"Luke is coming over and we have an idea." I told him.

"Uh.... Okay."