16

-Jenna's (Lilly's Mom) P.O.V.-

I was sitting there watching tv when there was a knock at the door. I got up and answered it.

"Are you Mrs. Hemmings?" A police officer asked.

"Yes." I answered. Why were the police here? If Lilly said something I'm going to kill her.

"Do you have security cameras?" He asked.

"Yes."

"I'm officer Manson." He showed me his badge. "I need to see the footage." He said.

"Oh, please. Come in." I brought him up the stairs and into the study. I pulled up the footage and looked at him.

"Can you show me the recordings from yestarday?" He asked. Dammit. What did she do?

I skipped it back and let him watch. I'm going to jail. I know it.

"Skip it to when you threw the glass." He ordered.

I did as he asked.

"Ma'am your under arrest---" he pulled my hands behind my back and put the cuffs on. I don't remember anything he said after that. I can't believe her. Why would she do this to me?

-Lilly's P.O.V.-

Michael and I waited outside the house so I could go in and get my things. I saw my mom come out in cuffs and she was actually calm. The officer told us that it was safe to go and that they are going to arrest my dad from work. We went inside and up to my room. I grabbed the boxes I had hidden in my closet and started putting things in them.

"How can I help?" Michael asked.

"Oh, anything that looks important, toss it in here." I said and layed a duffel bag on my bed.

We packed the things I would need or want in a couple months and put the boxes and bags in the car.

~~~

"I think I'm going to go for a run. I need to clear my head." I told Michael. I went to his... Our room and got changed.

I walked out the door and plugged my headphones in. I put my music on shuffle and Anchors by The Amity Affliction came on.

I ran about 1/3 of a mile and turned around.

When I finally got home I was out of breath. I took my headphones out and paused my music. "I'm home!" I yelled.

"Hey, baby. Feeling better?" He asked and came out of the bedroom.

"Yeah." I lied. I wanted to feel better but I was alone with my thoughts, all I could do was remember what happened. I need to take my mind off if it. "I'm gonna get in the shower. I'm gross." I told Michael.

"Alright."

I turned on the water and was relieved by the cool water hitting my cuts and bruises. I sat on the floor of the shower and just thought. What have I done? Did she deserve this? Do I deserve these marks? Why would she do this to me? I know I'm not perfect but do I deserve it? Maybe I do.

Maybe I do deserve it... What did I do? What if no one likes me? What if everyone is pretending? Maybe Michael doesn't like me. Does he? Maybe he gets mad because he feels like he has to pretend. Maybe I'm useless. What if I'm only alive to be my parents stress ball? She's perfect. I can't do this. I need something to take my mind off of this.

I got out and dried off, not even caring about the fact that I didn't wash up. I got dressed and snuck into our room. I looked for Michael's secret stash.... where would he keep it? I opened a drawer and took out a box. I opened it and found what I was looking for. I grabbed one and a lighter and snuck outside. I lit it up and took a puff.

It's the first time I've smoked weed, but I can tell it won't be the last. It feels so.... good. I keep smoking until I can't feel a thing....

"Michael?!" I cheered and went in the front door.

"Where have you been?" He asked me. Why was he so confused?

"Outside." I said and sat down beside him.

~~~

-Michael's P.O.V.-

Lilly walked in "Michael?!" She was in the shower... What?

"Where have you been?" I asked her. She smells weird...

"Outside." She said. She stumbled across the room and sat down beside me. I know that smell. Shit.

"What were you doing outside?" I asked her. Maybe since she is high, I can get some things out of her.

"I was smoking weed! Now I know why you did it!" She said.

"Where did you get it from?"

"Your box. I thought you were going to quit." She said suddenly sad.

"I haven't opened that box since we started dating. Lilly, why did you smoke it?" I asked her.

"Monsters don't sleep under your bed, they live inside your head." She whispered in my ear. I know I've heard that saying before...

"What monsters are in your head?"

"The ones that tell me I deserve these bruises. The ones that tell me I'm useless." My eyes watered at these words. I need to help her. What do I say to something like that?

"What makes you think those voices know what they are talking about?" I asked her.

"Did I tell you what my dad did one time?" She asked. She's too high to stay on one subject.

"Probably not." I told her.

"Okay. So there was this one time, a couple months ago, when he get
Got really mad. He decided to punish my so he locked us in my room. He bent me over my bed and stood up. He shoved my face into the mattress so I couldn't see. After a little while of silence he pulled down my pants and underwear. He lifted up my head and put a pillow between me and the mattress. After a second he shoved something inside of me. It hurt so bad while he pumped it in and out. I yelled for my mom but she couldn't hear me. He was moaning and" she just cried and kept talking "He went faster and faster until I felt a warm liquid shoot inside of me. He asked me how I liked my first anal. I didn't say anything and he just left." Oh. My. God.