10

-Lilly's P.O.V.-

"They're here." Luke said running out of the room. I couldn't choke back another sob, so I let it out.

"It will be okay." Michael said, trying to comfort me. If he knew I had anxiety, he might know some better ways to calm me down.

"Don't leave me." I said desperately.

I was crying and I didn't want to be alone with people I don't know.

Just then, Luke and a few people carrying a stretcher came in. That was all I remember.

~~~

I woke up on the ambulance and there was so much sound.

"She's stabilizing." A woman said. She was hovering over me, making me uncomfortable. I couldn't feel anything, like anything.

"Your going to be okay. We are almost to the hospital. We gave you medicine to numb you, that's why you can't move." She was standing on one side of me. "Look over there if you feel pain." She said pointing to the opposite side of the ambulance. I stared at her so she knew I didn't feel any pain. "If you can hear me look over there, back at me, over there again, and back at me." She said pointing her finger back and forward. I shot my eyes around to signal her that I could hear.

The ambulance stopped and the back doors flung open and I was dragged out  on the rolling ambulance bed. I saw Luke's car pull up beside the ambulance and Michael basically jumped out before Luke stopped the car.

He ran through the doors and and followed them until they told him he couldn't come through the that they were currently pulling me through. My vision faded and my hearing went away.

-Michael's P.O.V.-

"Sir, you can't come through here." A doctor told me.

"I told her I wouldn't leave her side!" I was angry, they were telling me I couldn't see her.

I bit my tongue, knowing Lilly would be upset at me if I yelled at one of them. I looked over to see Luke standing there. "They won't let me see her." I said through gritted teeth.

We sat down in some chairs when a doctor came through the doors and straight to us. We stood up and she approached us quickly. "Come with me." She said turning back around.

Me and Luke just glanced at each other and quickly followed her.

She brought us to a room with a desk and a few chairs.

She sat down on the side of the desk with a computer and motioned for us to sit in the 2 chairs on the opposite side, so we did. "I have some questions I need you guys to answer." Me and Luke both nodded. I figured I would let Luke answer the personal questions since he was her brother.

"What is her full name?" She asked.

"Lilly Gabrielle Hemmings." Luke said. I didn't know her middle name..

"She is 18?"

"Yes."

"Does she have any mental disabilities, such as depression or anxiety?"

"Yes." What? She never told me...

"What does she have?"

"Severe anxiety."

"Diagnosed by whom?"

"Her psychiatrist. I don't know her name." I didn't know she had a psychiatrist. What else hasn't she told me?

"How are you related to her?" She asked looking at Luke.

"I'm her brother."

"And you?"

"I'm her boyfriend." I answered.

"Okay. That's all I need to know. You boys can go back to the waiting room and I will get you as soon as I know more."

Luke thanked her, and we left. We sat down and I decided to say something. "I didn't know she had anxiety."

"Yeah she doesn't like to talk about it or admit it. It embarrasses her." He said.

"And she never told me she has a psychiatrist."

"Oh... Um.. Yeah. She hasn't told anybody, except Monica." He replied sadly.

"I hate that bitch." I mumbled.

"Why?" He asked looking at me.

"She abandoned Lilly because we are dating."

"Oh." He said.

2 hours later

"Lilly Hemmings?" A doctor asked, breaking my gaze from the floor. Me and Luke stood up and walked over to the man who said her name.

"She is out of surgery. She's asleep but you can go see her." He turned and we both eagerly followed.

We walked into a room and when I saw her, I just dropped to my knees. She had an I.V. inside of her inner elbow. There was an oxygen tube down her throat. She was in a hospital gown and all of her skin was so pale. How could this happen to her? What did she do to deserve this?

"Oh god." Luke whispered. He just stood there in shock. I focused my attention back on her. I stood up and walked to her side, grabbing her hand.

"Baby, I love you. Don't let anyone tell you different. I'm never leaving your side." I started crying. "Without you, my life has no purpose, no meaning..." I stopped to swallow a sob and I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Luke. I stood up and pulled him in for a hug, remembering that he is her brother, he's in the same amount of pain I'm in.

We hugged and sobbed together for about half a minute, until a high pitched noise interrupted us. I looked over to see... Oh god! The heart monitor was flatlining.

Doctors rushed in the room and made Luke and I leave. I looked at him with tears burning my eyes. I just walked out of the hospital, I can't handle this. I sat down against the wall, a couple yards away from the door. I sat there and I just cried.

I cried and cried until Luke came out. He found me and nodded towards the door, telling me to come inside. I quickly got to my feet and followed him in. Was she okay? What happened? Is she alive?

They let us into her room and told us that she was stabilized. "What happened?" I asked the doctor confused.

"The piece of wood was removed but it broke a nerve, meaning for right now she is paralyzed in her left leg. Her body went into shock and shut down. That's why she flatlined."

"How long will she be paralyzed?" Luke asked, on the verge of crying.

"It just depends, she might be able to walk on both feet as soon as she wakes up, but she might be like this... Forever." He said.

Luke collapsed to the floor and started crying. I was in so much shock, I couldn't. I just sat down in the chair and stared at her until it hit me. She might have to be in a wheel chair for the rest of her life.