15

I walked into the cafeteria and sat down beside Michael. I didn't bother getting food, I'm not hungry enough. I grabbed a granola bar out of by back pack and started eating. I looked up to see them all looking at me.

"Hi." Michael said.

"Hi." I said with a huff.

"What's up with you?" Ashton asked.

Just then Monica walked in with her bleeding nose and all her friends were still freaking out.

I glanced at her and continued eating. They all looked at her and then looked at me.

"Did you do that?" Calum asked.

"If you ask her she says she fell." I said smiling.

"Oh my God! What did she do?" Luke asked.

"They kept saying that Michael did all of this and she said he turned me into a bitch so.... I punched her." I said taking a bite of my granola bar.

They all just kind of smiled at each other.

All the guys talked, me and Alexis exchanged numbers, and then the bell rang.

~~~

"We need to get go to my house and get stuff." I told Michael when we got in the car.

"Do you have boxes?" He asked.

"Yep. I knew I was going to move out eventually so I have had a few in my room for a while."

"How long have they been hitting you?"

"Uh, a couple years maybe..."

"Years?!"

"Yeah... They will probably be home when we get there but let's just go to the front door i want them to know I'm moving in with you."

"Okay."

~~~

I knocked on the door and someone was coming to answer it.

My mom opened the door with a smile, but that expression changed fast when she saw me.

"What do you want." She said it more as a statement.

"I've missed you too." I said sarcastically.

I walked in and Michael walked in behind me. He had been out of sight from the door so mom didn't know he was there.

"Why is he here?" She asked.

"Mom, you know Luke's friend Michael. He's my boyfriend and I'm moving in with him." I said.

"No you are most certainly not!" She grabbed the same wrist that was already marked and yanked me to the kitchen. Michael tried to follow. "Leave" I mouthed.

He shot me a glare that told me no but I shot him a glare telling him he needs to leave. I don't know if he actually did or not because mom pulled me around the corner. I didn't realize how bad my wrist hurt until she let go.

"What makes you think your moving?" She snarled.

"Well, incase you didn't notice, you and dad are very abusive." I said.

"No we aren't!" She yelled.

"Mom look at me!" I said with tears filling my eyes. "I have bruises all up and down my body. Dad choked me! If I don't get out of here, you guys are literally going to kill me!" I sobbed.

"You can't be serious right now!" She exclaimed.

"I am mom. And I'm moving out." I said. I started to walk away but she grabbed my wrist.

"DAMMIT LILLY DONT WALK AWAY FROM ME! IM AN EXCELLENT MOM AND YOU ARE NEVER LEAVING!"

"YES I AM!" I yelled.

"NO..... YOU'RE NOT!" She yelled she threw a glass cup at the side of my face with the bruises. I could feel the cup break and cut me.

Michael walked in right then. "We're leaving, now."

"Fine. Go. I don't want you here anyways!" Mom growled.

I walked out with Michael and we went to his car. He shut my door and ran around the other side.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"The emergency room."

"Good. I hope they ask what happened and my parents go to jail." The pain was rushing through my face.

We were there in a matter of minutes. I walked in and they immediately rushed me to a room. The blood was pouring down my face and it was soaking my shirt.

"How did this happen?" The nurse asked.

"My mom threw a glass at me."

"Was it clean?"

"Probably not."

"I have to extract the glass." She had a shot in her hand. I hate needles. "This is to numb your face."

"Okay." She put the needle in my face but I was in so much pain I barely noticed it.

"Why did your mom throw a glass at you?"

"Because, I told her I'm moving out."

"What are your bruises from?" My eyes watered.

"My parents."

"I'm sorry but I have to report it." She said pulling a piece of glass out of my jaw.

"Good." I mumbled.

I sat in silence while she pulled the last couple pieces.

"Okay. Stay here, I think a police officer wants to talk to you..." She said and walked away.

"I'm scared." I whispered to Michael. Will my parents hate me now?

"Baby, everything will be okay." He reassured me. He took my hand right when the officer came in.

"Hello, I'm officer Manson. Are you Lilly Hemmings?" He asked. He was tall and bald.

"Yeah." I said.

"Tell me what happened yesterday when you went home."

"I went home to talk to my parents and my mom asked why I wasn't in school. I told her I just got back from the hospital and-"

"Sorry to interrupt, but why were you at the hospital?"

"I had fallen off the bed and a piece of wood went through me." I said pulling up my shirt.

"Continue." He nodded.

"She gave me a list of chores and I told her I wasn't going to clean the whole house because I can barely walk. She got mad and punched me. That's where the bruises on my face came from. My dad came in and dragged my upstairs by my hand causing these bruises. He- he" my eyes started watering. "He made me pl-pleasure him." I started crying. "He asked if I enjoyed it and I said no so he did this." I said looking up and pointing to my neck.

"He choked you?"

"Yeah. He held on until I almost passed out. And he did this." I said pointing to the hickey.

"And what happened with the glass?"

"I know I can't stay there so I told her I was moving out and she got angry and threw a glass cup at me."

"Ok. Is there anyway you can prove that this happened?"

"The glass is probably still on the floor in the kitchen....... But other than that...... Wait! A couple years ago my parents told me that they had put up security cameras."