Part 4

It was around 5:30 when me and my dad walked into my home. My dad gave me the house a couple years back "in case if anything were to happen to him" as he put it. So I am the sole owner of the house we live in. I walked into the kitchen after changing into some sweatpants. My phone starting ringing and I looked to see who it was. I didn't recognize the number but I answered it anyways. "Hello?" "Hello? I'm looking for (Y/N)." Damn that voice. So deep, and raspy and dear god. "Well looks like you've found her. Who is this?" I heard him chuckle from the other side. Who was this? "My names Harry. My mother called your office earlier today. She just wanted to make sure if we're still on for tonight." "Oh I remember. Of course dinner will be at 7." "Alright, may you send me the address?" "Oh uhm yea." "Thank you. See you soon, love." "See you soon." I hung up with a dumbfounded look on my face. Harry? With that voice, I bet he's hot as hell. Probably even hotter than hell. I quickly sent him the address and almost immediately my text tone went off. 'Thanks, love. H xx' Wow. Just wow. I mentally slapped myself knowing they'd be here soon. I made a simple sirloin steak dinner, because that was my dads favorite. With rice, salad, potatoes and steamed veggies on the side. I was halfway done with making dinner when my dad came into the kitchen in a whole new suit, with Denise and the girls behind him. I look at him confused. Where the hell is he going? "Darling I am so sorry but I won't be here for dinner. A last minute meeting came up and it's really important." "Can't you just miss this one meeting. Please dad?" "Sweetheart, I would have if I could. But I can't I'm really sorry." "I made your favorite." He gave me that sympathetic look and I knew he had to go. "Look (Y/N)," Denise started, "This meeting could make your fathers company. If he doesn't go, it could break his career. Do you understand?" She said the last part in pure hatred towards me. I sighed giving in. "Fine whatever." My dad took a step towards me with open arms but I turned away before he could hug me. I heard him sigh and just before he shut the door he mumbled and "I'm sorry." Here I am alone. Why was my life so hard?  I sat down and started to cry. I hated this. This was my life. Everyday. My stepmom would go against me and my dad would side with her. Can't I have a normal life? First my parents divorced, then my mother dies, my dad remarries, and my brother does. That was my breaking point. I began to sob into my knees. My thoughts were interrupted when the doorbell rang. It couldn't be them. I just got off the phone with Harry. I didn't care who it was. I opened the door and looked at who it was. "What do you want?" I said through my teeth in the rudest tone. "(Y/N). Love, is that you?" She looked at me. I look to see a family of four and all their faces were in shock. I was completely shocked myself. What the hell did I just do? I stared at all of them with wide eyes, not believing what was going on. I've gone speechless. "A-Anne?" I choked out.