Part 5

I stared at them with widened eyes. "(Y/N)? Darling are you okay?" I practically just screamed at her and she's being nice? I almost started crying again. "Y-yes. It's me. Not to be rude but what are you guys doing here so early?" I asked out of confusion "Well Anne here couldn't contain her excitement and she wanted to surprise you even more." And older man said, I assumed he was her husband. "Oh uhm okay that's fine. Dinner is just-Shit!" I cut myself off remembering that the steak was still in the oven. Face palming myself hard enough to leave a mark, I ran into the kitchen. "Oh thank god." I sighed in relief holding a hand to my chest. I walked back to the front door noticing it was closed. "Great. My rudeness scared them off." I mumbled angrily to myself. This wasn't how it was supposed to be. My dad wasn't supposed to have a meeting. He had to be here, with me, and his friends. Guess I'm not that important anymore. "Honey, nothing could scare us off and you are very important." I looked up and saw Anne and her family were in my living room. Did I just say that out loud? "Yea you did. Now come sit down love." She motioned for me sit next to her and I hesitantly obliged. Right when I sat down, she engulfed me in a hug that my mother used to give me. Right then and there, I could stop crying. "Sshhh sweetie. It's okay." She cooed and rubbed my back to calm me down. I wasn't surprised that it did. "Now what's wrong?" I looked into her eyes wanting to cry again. It's been so long since anyone has cared for me like that. I took a deep breath and began explaining. "I'm so sorry for earlier Anne. I didn't mean to be rude. My dad ended up having a last minute 'important meeting' and he left. I tried t over him to stay but Denise said that it could make or break his career. And I just broke down remembering all that's happ- I'm so sorry" the tears never stopped falling and I ran to my room leaving them all behind. I slid down against the door and pulled my knees up to my chest. It was a few minutes later when someone lightly knocked on my door. I got to my feet and took a deep breath and cracked the door open. I was met with the most beautiful green emerald eyes I have ever seen. I couldn't stop looking at them. It was like a never ending forest. "Are you okay love?" That voice. It was Harry from the phone. Wait. It was Harry from One Direction. What is he doing here? Was he Anne's son? Holy crap. That is her son. And he's in my house. "Can I come in?" He asked and I nodded shyly allowing him to enter my room. "Uhm my mom went to find your father and talk to him." "Wait what?" I was in utter shock. "Yea. She, and my stepdad, Robin, went to talk to your dad." "Why?" "She said she wanted to make sure he knows what he did. I guess. Since he left you here and stuff." Tears started to build up. "Hey now don't cry love. It's gonna be okay." He said as he took me in his big arms. I hugged him back. I really needed this. He looked down at me. "Now how about we get you cleaned up and we can go eat dinner like planned?" I chuckled. "This wasn't how I planned it though. I'm sorry for-" he cut me off before I could finish apologizing. "No no no. Don't apologize. This isn't your fault. We were an hour-" this time I cut him off by putting my hand up and shaking my head. "Don't give that 'we were early' shit. I've heard it at least a billion times." I smiled up at him and he smiled back. "You guys done making out?" A female voice rang through the hallways. I stared at him and it felt like my eyes were gonna pop out of my head. Harry quickly walked to the door "Shut up Gemma! You're not helping!" He yelled in my defense. "Actually it kinda is." I laughed. He squinted his eyes at me. I couldn't help but laugh. "Oh and I'm glad you came early." I said looking up at him. "Me too. Now where's the bathroom?" I let out a chuckle as I told him where it was.