Part 15

I was going through some paperwork on my desk when Darla called in. "(Y/N), Mrs. Fitz is here for her appointment." "Thank you. Send her in please." My dad had hired me as an event manager. I plan and organized events for the company and blah blah. "Hi Mrs. Fitz, I'm (Y/N). Nice to meet you." I shook her hand and smiled. "Nice to meet you too, love. Thank you for making time. I hope you don't mind but I did bring my son, Tyler." She says pointing towards a quite good looking fellow possessing brown hair and hazel eyes. "Pleasure to meet you, Tyler." "The pleasure is all mine, m'lady." He took my hand and pressed a soft kiss on the back of it making my cheeks go pink. "Okay so what can I do for you?" I ask folding my hands together, sitting down and they do the same. "Yes down to business. I was hoping to throw a party for my daughter in the company's banquet hall. I'm willing to pay a very fair cost, depending on your series of course." She started off. "I see. If I may ask, what kind of party?" I say leaning back into my chair. Tyler speaks up, "An engagement party." An engagement party? Interesting. "Okay well I will go through what I have and we can meet again and discuss details." Mrs. Fitz had the biggest smile on her face with tears forming in her eyes. "Oh thank you darling." She came over and gave me a big hug. "You are more than welcome to join darling. If you'd like." She smiled at me and I smiled back. "I'd love to. Thank you." Tyler came to say goodbye when he leaned in and whispered, "I guess I'll see you soon, love." He said while kissing my hand again. Although he didn't have an accent, the word 'love' still had its effect. I was completely flustered right now. I smiled at him, "I'll see you soon then." I went back to my papers when this time, Donnie called. "Hey (Y/N). Listen I'm so so so sorry but I can't pick up Darcy later today. Some last minutes plans just came up." He apologized. "Oh no Donnie it's okay. I'll just get Harry to pick her up." I say sighing. "Are you sure? You don't sound to happy about that. What's wrong?" I knew he wasn't gonna quit until he got the answer he wanted. "I caught him staring at Amber's 'gifts' this morning and I have no idea what to do about it. I mean is that what he wants or...? Because if it is, he can have it. I mean we only started dating. This is why I don't date. I mean ever since Rick happened I was never interested and I got too caught up in the moment and I don't know what to do." I ranted on until I heard someone clear their throat and I looked up only to find him with my baby girl in his arms. "Well shit." I muttered to myself. "He's there isn't he?" Donnie asked. "Yea. I gotta go. I'll call you back." Before Donnie said anything I hung up. Great. Crappy day gets even crappier. Yay me.