Chapter Four

James & I had agreed on having dinner, he was going to me my daughter for the very first time. & honestly , it made me so nervous. How was she going to react to this stranger? And especially if he wasn't the type of guy that I would bring around her. Not that I bring any man around her. If I did, I think bringing a male escort would be way down on the list of kind guys that I would have around her.

"Mommy." Amelia shouted.

I drench my face in water as I look at her. "Whats up baby girl?" I smiled.

"Can I wear this?" She ask as she held up a pink Tutu and a zebra shirt. She was going through this 'zebra ballerina' phase.

"No honey , thats not the kind of outfit you wear to this resturant. I have your outfit laid on your bed." I responded.

Amelia pouted as she stared at me giving her puppy eyes. I lean down to her level brush her blonde hair out of her face. "Tell you what! Tomorrow, I will take you to the park with your friends and you can wear this." I assured.

"Okay." She said excited as she ran to her bedroom.

I look at my reflection in the mirror, my blonde hair tied up in a bun & I was still in my sweats. I had no less than an hour to get ready for this dinner meeting with James & I look a mess. I grab my make up and started to apply it on my pale face. Its crazy how the first time in awhile I'm actually dressing up for a guy and it isn't even the real thing. We are just playing pretend.

I finish getting ready as we went to me James at Puccini's , the best Italian restaurant in town. Of course when I arrived he still wasn't there. We had our seats and waited. It seem James had a thing for being late.

"Hey Liv!" James finally arrive as he took a seat.

"Hi!" I smiled.

"Whats good here?" He ask as he look at the menu.

"The Chicken Alfredo with Basil." I answered.

He put down the menu as he look at me and than over at Amelia. "So that's your daughter?" He question.

"Yeah, meet Amelia. The love of my life." I answered.

"She looks like you." He wink. "How old are you sweetie?" He ask her.

"6!" She whispered.

"Do you know that you are as beautiful as your mommy?" He said.

"Yeah I know." She replied making both of us laugh.

Conversation ensue between us. And let me tell you , it was weird the things that James & I had in common. We were two peas in a pod. I was enjoying the time with him, even when I thought I shouldn't because of what he did for a profession. I wanted to ask him why? Why did he choose to be a male escort? But I didn't have the guts too.

"So the day after tomorrow is when we leave?" He ask.

"Yeah. You have to be at the airport before 7:30 am. Not after 7:30." I press about him being on time. I couldn't afford to miss the flight.

"Don't worry, babe. I will be there." He smiled as he got up from the table giving Amelia a kiss on the cheek and me on before leaving.

He better not, the whole plan is based on him flying to my whole town. That's the only way this will work.