Chapter Twenty Seven

[James's P.O.V]

I press play on the voicemail. Hearing her voice made me realized how much I missed her. I really did love Liv but I couldn't let myself open to her fully. I couldn't let myself get hurt by another woman. I know all women aren't the same but when you been hurt the way I have, it makes it hard to trust again.

I kept on replaying the message over and over again. Hearing her say that she needed me. That she wanted me made me feel like I was everything to her. I know that I was. But I didn't know if I could put myself out there.

There was a knock at the door and it was my friend Christian.

"Dude, James. You been in a slump since you got back. You need either move on from that girl or go back to her. But no matter what you can't stay like this." Christian said as he open a beer bottle.

Move on or go back to her. Even weeks after I still have no idea what to do. As cliche , as it sounds my heart is saying one thing while my head is telling me something different.

"Man, what you going to do?" Christian ask.

I walk over to the fridge and pop open a beer. "I don't know what to do." I answered.

"Well, let me ask you this." He said as he took a sip of his beer. "Do you love her? That's all it comes down to honestly." He added.

Do I love her? I haven't loved anyone as much as I love Liv, since my ex. Liv showed me how to love again. So of course I love her. More than I would have every thought. She is one of a kind.

"Well..." He sighed.

"Yes." I replied.

"Then why are you here, mopping around. Go get your girl." He smiled.

At times Christian can't be the biggest idiot in the world but this time he was right. I had to go back and get Liv. We had to fix whatever we had between us.

I walk into my bedroom and started packing an overnight back. I was determine to let Liv know my true feelings and how much she meant to me. Her & Amelia left an impact on my life that no one will ever fill. They are the true queens of my life.

And I would be stupid not to fight for them.

A few hours later I had purchase a plane ticket and was on my to Liv & Amelia. I was gonna do everything possible to bring them back home with me. There was no way that Clark was going to keep them there. Liv & Amelia had every right to live a happy life with me. He wasn't getting his way. Not if I could help it.

I had to be honest I was tempted to call Liv but I wanted it to be a surprise. When she saw me again, I wanted her to know that her knight and shinny amour had arrived.