Chapter Five

[At The Airport]

I look throw the crowd as I made my way over to the gate and was surprise to see that James was already there. He smirk as he waved over Amelia and I. I walk over with a smile as I chug my luggage along. I look at James up and down, I must admit he was in a nice suit and he clean up nicely.

"Suitable to meet the parents?" He joked as he spun around.

"You look nice." I look down at my feet.

"Just nice?" He raised his eyebrow and had his cocky smile printed all over his face. "Anyways, I got this for Amelia." He handed her a doll wearing a purple.

"Purple is my favorite color." She said in excitement.

"What do we say?" I gave her a gesture.

"Thank you James." She smiled as she ran her fingers through the dolls hair.

The flight attendant call for us to board the plane. This was it. It was all or nothing. There was no way this plan could fail me. James and I had to be convicable as a couple. I don't want any to figure out they we total strangers and don't know a thing about each other, other than what is written down on the flash cards.

We sat down in our seats and waited for the flight to take off. I look over at James who now hand on reading glasses. He was reading one of my ultimate favorite books. On Dublin Street.

"I didn't know you like reading." I said.

"Well, it's not something I tell anyone. Especially the women, I don't want them to know that I'm a romantic." He whispered.

"You know there is nothing wrong with be a guy who is into romance." I answered.

"Be real Liv, girls don't go for the romantic guy and even if they do they get bored of them & go for the bad boy type of man." He responded.

"Sounds like you are talking from experience." I replied.

"No!" James quickly clear his throat and put the book away.

He was talking from experience , i heard it in his voice. But i wasnt going to push him. I didn't want to push him to far to the point that he back out or expose me in front of my whole family. I wrap my arm around Amelia as she began to drift off to sleep. I brush her hair as she laid her head on my lap.

"Can I ask where here father is?" James ask.

I know. I know. I haven't told him the story of so many years ago. I was embrassed, I was humiliated and I didn't want to relive it.

"I'm going to tell something. You are gonna find out if I tell you or not." I took a deep sigh.

"Tell me what?" He ask.

"Years ago, I was suppose to get married. Well I did get married!I was happy but at my reception everything turn for the worst. I caught my newlywed husband sleeping with my sister. I was going to tell him on our honeymoon that I was pregnant but instead I ran and I never look back." I finish as I wipe away my tears.

"He was an idiot. But honestly he never deserved you." James place his hand on my shoulder.

If James was right. He whose name should never be spoken, never deserved me and he doesn't deserve to be in Amelia's life.