Chapter Fourteen

A Couple of Days Later...

Tracey's wedding was getting closer and closer! So things were a little wedding orientated in house. So it was natural that people would ask if I and James were going to get married. I honestly have never thought of marrying again. And for legitimate reason, my last time marrying someone didn't go so well. So go through that all over again is not on my bucket list!

If I ever did get marry again I have to be very in love with that person.

"Come on!" James said as he grab my hand.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Don't worry about it! Amelia is in the car already so let's go." He answered.

Even though I wasn't a fan of surprises , hanging out with James made me happy as hell. I felt safe and loved when we hang out as a family. It just always felt right when we were all together. But I had to remember that it was all pretend, and in a matter of a week this was all going to be over.

James drove in my fathers car a little bit outside of town, to a little a place the locals called the abandoned. Hardly anyone came here and it wasn't because it was a dangerous area. It was because no one like the area due to all the trees and animals.

"What are we doing here?" I ask looking over at James.

"Just wait for it." He smiled as he took Amelia out of the car.

I got out of the car and followed his lead. We finally stop at spot that was decorated with all types of store bought flowers, a set up picnic and a basket of girl toys for Amelia. It was truly the kindest gesture anyone has done for us.

"This was so sweet of you." I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"I did it because I wanted to see that beautiful smile of yours and I know you were getting annoyed with your family. So I wanted to take you and Amelia away from them for a few hours!" He explained.

"Its very much appreciated." I answered and sat down.

He sat down next to me and we talk. Like we always do. It was just so natural for the two of us. Our conversations just flowed.

"Liv, maybe I not in the position to give my advice but I had to tell you this. I might be crossing the line but don't you think your mother may be right." He said.

"About what?" I ask.

"About Amelia knowing her father." He mumbled.

"James , I don't want him in our lives. Her hurt me. And I don't want him to get the chance to hurt her." I responded.

"Maybe he won't." He replied.

"I'm not willing to take that chance." I look down taking a sip of my soda.

"I'm not going to press you on that issue. Lets just enjoy ourselves." He said making Amelia a snack.

We made conversation about other things. Never about things that we know would push each others buttons. We weren't crossing those lines. We just got to know each other more and more. The more I knew about James, the more my feelings started to grow for him.

But he wouldn't go there with me. He is afraid to let me all the way in. And I want to know why.

______________________________________

As the sun started to set James and I sat closer to one another as Amelia played with her toys. I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Have you ever been in love?" I ask...