Chapter Ten

The feeling after the kiss was like I was in some fairy tale world. I couldn't focus , all I could do was stare stupidly ahead with a cheesy grin on my face. James knew something was up with me as he couldn't help but stare. I was hoping that after the kiss he would have felt the same thing but he has a great poker face that it's hard to tell with him.

"Mommy! I finished." Amelia said as she handed me her napkin.

"Okay dear. When we get home, you still have to eat dinner! So I don't want to hear that you are full from the ice cream." I order.

"Okay mommy." She agreed as she grab James's hand.

She was taking well to James. Which, honestly surprised me. I mean I have never brought a guy around her and for her to take a liking to the first guy I did. She like. I guess I was expecting a different reaction from her based on books and movies I have seen about bringing a male around your kid for the first time.

"I can't believe she likes you." I blurted.

"And what is that suppose to me?" James questioned.

"Nothing just that I didn't think she would. You since it's only been me and her since she was born." I explained.

"Can I ask you something?" He replied.

"Sure." I look down as we walk back to my parents house.

"Why? Why have you never dated since you know..." He ask.

"I guess Im scared too. I don't want to get hurt by another guy in my life." I answered.

"So you rather lose out in the love of your life because of one guy? Not all men are the same." He responded.

Tears filled my eyes, I was scared. Scared of being humiliated again, scared that I might get my heart broken again, scared to be made a fool of. I was terrified. I don't think I could handle another heart break in my life. I didn't want another heart break. So I decided building a wall around my fragile heart was easier. Be guarded is easier then feeling pain, being hurt. Its easier to build then to feel.

"I didn't mean too..." He whispered.

I wipe my tears and force a smile on my face. "Don't worry about it. You are right. I can't live in fear my whole life." I said as I open the door to the house.

My family was sitting in the living room watching a movie. Everyone look in our direction. "Come join us." My mom said.

James and I took a seat with Amelia sitting on my lap leaning her head against my chest. James wrap his arm around me bringing me closer to him. I laid my head on his shoulder as he grab a slice of pizza for Amelia and I. I notice my mother staring with a smile on her face. She look like a very , very proud mother!

"Such a beautiful family." She smiled and went back to looking at the movie.

______________________________________

I woke up in the arms of James and Amelia no where in sight but I could hear her voice along with my mothers. I guess we had fallen asleep on the couch and my mom covered us. I rub my eyes and yawn accidentally slapping James in the face.

"Owww..." He complained as he rub his cheek.

"Im sorry." I laugh as I covered my mouth.

"Oh that's funny to you?" He questioned.

I burst in laughter as I nodded my head.

"So it's funny." He repeated as he began tickling me.

"James stop." I laugh as I squirm all over the place.

"Not until you apologize." He continued to tickle me.

"James..." I scream in laughter.

"Say sorry." He said as he winded on top of me.

"Uhhh...excuse me?" Tracey's voice echoed from behind us as she had her arms cross.

James immediately got off me and adjusted his clothes. I stood up brushing my hair and forcing a smile on my face. I had to admit I was a little annoyed that she interrupted this momment between James and I. It was rude and I was enjoying his playful side.

"Whats up Track!" I ask annoyingly.

"I wanted to ask James if I could borrow you for the day. We have wedding things to do." She smiled oh so innocently.

And it couldn't wait. I thought to myself.

"Ummm...sure. I will watch Amelia, babe." He gave me a kiss before heading out of the living room.

"You can change. I will wait for you." Tracey said.

I rolled my eyes as I went up to my room and changed. I honestly didn't want to go we with her. She annoyed me , especially that she had to interrupt me and James. Its like she can never let me be happy. Every time she she's a smile on my face , she is quick to erase it. But she was my sister and I'm here for her wedding, so I get her wanting to do wedding stuff with me. So I'm just gonna roll we with the punches.