Chapter Thirteen

My rejection made Clark mad, his cheeks turn red and his eyes felt with anger. My heart race as fear filled my body. So I quickly got away from him as fast as I could. I didn't stop until I no longer could see him but by looking behind me and not focusing on where I was going, I accidentally bump into somebody. And by somebody I mean James.

"Whoo, speedy Gonzalez why in a rush?" He laugh.

"I...I...just..." I said out of breath and kept looking behind to see if I saw Clark coming.

"Are you okay?" James said as he look in the direction I was looking in.

I caught my breath and swallowed the huge lump in my throat. "Just hold me, please." I whispered.

And that's what he did. James held me so tight as he didn't want to let me go. I felt safe, at home, comfortable in his arms. I didn't want to let him go and neither did him. Its as the rest of the world stop and it was just me and him in each others arms. It was perfect

"Lets go to your parents house and you can explain to me why you were such in a hurry." He grab my hand and walk back to the house.

Amelia was playing with the neighbors kids as James and I sat on the porch. And I explained everything to him. He wasn't happy about Clark kissing me , in fact one could say he was jealous. But how can he be jealous if he doesn't even want to cross those lines with me.

"From now on wherever you go, I'm going. I dare not let that wanker get to you alone again." He assured as he got up kiss my cheek and went inside.

Amelia ran over to me giving me a big hug and sitting on my lap. She was showing me all the toys she was playing with. I kiss her on the cheek and smiled. One thing I would always be greatful to Clark is that he help me create this beautiful princess. She means the world to me. I will never let her know that her father is a monster and the most horrible person in the world.

"I love you, baby girl." I gave her a hug.

"I love you too mommy." She smiled missing me on the cheek.

We went inside and made a snack to watch a movie. We ended up watching Frozen, her favorite movie and James join in. Honestly, I love moments like this, it was like for a few hours we were a real family. But then the movie ends and it's back to reality and this is all for show.

______________________________________

Later that night as I went for a drink, I ran into my mom. She just kept staring at me.

"What?" I ask.

"I...I'm just curious. I want you to answer me with the truth. Is Clark , Amelia's father?" She questioned.

I didn't answer her. How could I? I didn't want anyone to know that he was her dad. But my silence said a lot to my mom.

"I know he hurt you, Liv but Amelia deserves to know who her father is. Its not good to keep him out of her life. She deserves to know. And as much as it pains me, he does too." She explained.

"She has done fine without her father. She doesn't need him. And he doesn't deserve to know about her." I snap and walk back to my room.

He will never know about Amelia. Never.