22: Dove

After Casey dragged the horny teenage boy away, I sat next to Bella for a while, comforting her. Then Beck decides to show up.

"Oh thank goodness you're here." I get up from Bella's side and stand next to Beck.

"I only came because I was interested in what all this fuss was about. We broke up. It's done." He quickly glances at heartbroken Bella. He's avoiding all eye contact with her, because he feels guilty. We all know he still loves her, he's just really hurt right now.

I see Andrew sluggishly trail behind him.

"Beck! I don't know what you took tonight, but snap out of it! You love this girl and she loves you! Don't break up over nothing!" I yell at him.

It's so frustrating seeing people throw away something so good. If everybody had what they had, there would be no more wars, or heartbreaks. People like Beck and Bella give people hope.

"But I-"

I put my finger to his lips. "Shhh. There are no buts, I want you to sit down and talk."

He knows I mean business and I'm serious too

He knows I mean business and I'm serious too. I can't watch the people I love hurt each other, not again. Beck takes my place next to Bella and rubs her hair. Her back is turned to him and she doesn't move, so I decide to give them a little privacy.

This party isn't even fun anymore, it's exhausting. Too many things have already happened. Near the pool deck I see Andrew, Cameron, and Taylor so I walk over to them.

"So what happened between Beck and Bella are they cool?" Taylor ask me.

"How do you know what happened?" I question him.

He finishes his drink and throws it away. "Because the whole party is talking about it."

I nod.

"It's not even that big of a deal." Andrew comments.

"Nobody asked for your opinion." Cameron snaps at him.

Andrew holds up his hands in surrender. "My bad cammy." His words are slurred and it's very obvious that he's drunk. "Taylor, let's get out of here." Andrew suggest.

"Alright, this party is getting lame anyways."

I cross my hands over my chest. "So you're just going to leave? Like that?"

Taylor nods. "Yep..." He says slightly confused.

Boys are so stupid. I go up to him and whisper in his ear, "What about me? Us?"

He smiles at me. "Don't worry babe we're good." He kisses me on the cheek and heads out with Andrew.

"What the hell was that?!" I yell watching my buzzed friends leave. "We just had sex and he's acting like it wasn't a big deal!" I complain.

Cameron puts her hand on my shoulder. "Don't  worry. One, he's really wasted so he doesn't know how he's acting. Two, he's had sex with a lot of girls before. This isn'tnew to him."

I sigh. "But I haven't. I'm not like him. If he cares he would take that into consideration."

"Well if he took everything into consideration he wouldn't be Taylor." Cameron jokes.

"Yeah I guess your right." I pause and check my watch. Two in the morning. "You want to get out of here?"

Cameron nods. "Sure."