27: Beck

"I told you we were going to be late Beck." Bella complains to me.

"Sorry, if my girlfriend is leaving at the end of summer I want as much time with her as I possibly can." I say as I wrap my arm around her waist, while walking her towards the glowing lights in the middle of the forest.

Every year, the recently graduated seniors pass down a torch to the new seniors just as ritual for our school. I guess it had a big meaning back when it was created, but now nobody knows what it really was intended for. But we do know that it happens on the last day of school at sunrise, after a long night of partying.

It was easy to navigate through the woods, since it was becoming lighter outside and we easily spotted the large amount of teenagers gathering around a bonfire

It was easy to navigate through the woods, since it was becoming lighter outside and we easily spotted the large amount of teenagers gathering around a bonfire. Usually only the seniors and juniors attend this ceremony, but cooler under class men come as well.

I see Andrew glaring at the blazing fire in front of him. And Bella and I split ways.

"Dude, how did you get here? I heard about your car."

He sighs. "News travels fast around here. I called up Lincoln and told me to pick me up." He points over to where Lincoln was leaning against a tree flirting with a girl way younger than he probably thought she was.

"Don't worry, Cameron will forgive you."

He scoffs. "I'm not worried about Cameron."

I push him out of frustration. "You know what? You're stupid! You obviously like her so why are you making it so hard for yourself! You only have one guaranteed year left with her, don't waste it." I glance over to Bella, who was laughing with some seniors.

He recovers from my shove and glances over to where Taylor, Cameron, and Dove just entered.

"Um, I got to go. I'll talk to you later." He says and makes his way over to them.