Chapter 3

Dedicated to shwetadevgan

Manik was sitting in his office room. Earlier before Nandini had come in his life, and while he singlehandedly managed Mannat, he preferred working from home.

Even now he spent hours working in his study but he has to visit the office for conferences as such.

Manik leaned back on the chair and closed his eyes. It was past noon, but the delegates are yet to arrive. They are being awefully late.

Manik had already poured out his frustration and disappointment on his PA. He rested his head back and thought of the deal that he got with his very personal dealer, actually they are two which will probably turn into three in the coming years.

His three jewels.

Mannat

Nandini

Ishq

"No...."

"But dad you said that you will do whatever I say", Mannat said.

"I am not going to sing in a parents meet. Never.", Manik declared firmly.

"Manik you promised Mannat you will do as she says.", Nandini now intervened.

"Nandini I resumed back my music on your request but I am sorry.... I can't do it in public. Manni baby you can ask for anything else but please don't ask me this......",Manik pleaded with her.

But Mannat has grown up watching her very stubborn dad. She was no girl to let go so easily. She nodded a silent no and crossed her arms around her chest with a tiny frown copying her daddy dear.

Manik had noticed in many instances that Mannat had exactly picked up his habits knowingly and unknowingly and in each of the moments he felt blessed to get her.

And with the arrival of the baby he couldn't help but imagine a boy with black hair and chubby cheeks  and large brown eyes coping him in his actions.