Chapter 19

"We will find her right?", Nandini softly asked taking in the soothing male cologne, that she is familiar to be around. Manik ran his fingers down her back, giving her the comfort that both of them craves for.

"Yes we will. Now I barely remember the times I spent with her, with you all, but the moment I heard she had been missing— I felt something that I never felt before. I felt so hurt so weak so vulnerable. It was just like a rush of emotions swept across me in a moment, leaving me shattered, leaving me all alone to deal with it. But when I heard the same helplessness and pain echo in your words, in your eyes, in your actions that's the first time I really realised how much all three of you are important to me. Maybe I cannot cherish the moments I had spent with you guys, Nandini but I promise I won't run back from it too. I will find my daughter. I will bring her back and then we will start anew. We will start afresh."

Manik held Nandini's shoulders and with a soft shove made her face him. His eyes pierced into hers with such strong a intensity that all Nandini could do was hold his gaze.

"And by starting fresh also means we will sort out the things between us too. I am terribly sorry for the incident that occurred in the washroom. And I am not sorry for kissing you because it felt completely right and it still feels perfect. I am sorry for running away, for leaving. I won't do it again I promise.", and he leaned down to chastely place a kiss on her forehead.

A car honked and both of them separated away from each other. Soha rolled down the windows and peeped out.

"Hop in guys. We should head towards the police station.", she proposed.

"I brought the car. Me and Manik will drive straight there. You already did a lot and I can't just thank you enough for it.", Nandini replied placing a small smile of thanks.

"Ohhh... Okay", her enthusiasm vanished as a frown formed on her face but she was quick enough to hide it back.

Manik noticed the changes. He felt bad for leaving out Soha. Even she was her mother.

"You can come if you want, Soha. You are her mother after all and though you are being strong I know what you are feeling inside.", he softly placed his palm on her shoulder giving her a sympathetic squeeze.

"Manik she can be busy—", Nandini piped in.

"No one is so busy that they cannot spare their time to look for their daughter, Nandini. I know we have taken Mannat under our custody but being a mother you know what may be going through her at this time".

Nandini flinched a little at his words. His words stung her. She stared at him for a moment and then dropped her gaze.

"I understand", she whispered slowly leaving Manik and Soha.

"I am sorry from her side Soha. She didn't mean to hurt you or anything. She is just stressed. She loves Mannat a lot and all this is taking a toll on her. If you want you can always come along.", Manik spoke giving her options.

She had never seen Manik behave so nicely with her. Its as if they had been having this friendly relationship since ever. It was normal, and nice. No forced smiles and talks, no uneasy silences. Nothing like their first marriage. And as much she wanted to spend sometime more with Manik, she also noticed the unusual tension that she was causing among Manik and Nandini.

"I guess it would be better if I just skip this one visit. How about you call me when you get some news about her?", Soha said with a smile.

Manik realised she was distancing herself for their sake and instantly felt a sense of respect for the woman. He didn't question her further and with a wave both bid their goodbyes.

When he walked back to the lot, he could spot Nandini or a car anywhere. He went across the whole area for the nth time and rang Nandini's number. Like the last 6 times this time too it went straight to voice mail.

"Shit, shit. Where did she go now? Oh god save me from this", he swore before jogging towards the main street. He stopped a cab and went straight for the police station.

"How can I help you sir?", a young attendant appeared at the front desk.

"I would like to file a missing case regarding my daughter and wife.", Manik replied hastily.

"Can you please inform us their names, sir", the lad asked looking up at him.

"Sure, Mannat Malhotra and Nandini Malhotra."

"Mannat Malhotra?", the lad asked surprised.

"Yes, she is my daughter."Manik replied not being clear.

"She went missing from St. Thomas school around 2 and a half hours back in her school uniform", the young officer briefed and Manik nodded.

"Well sir, her mother Nandini Malhotra just filed a missing report some few moments back."

"Ohh..", Manik stood their feeling embarrassed and angry.

"Anything else sir",the guy asked and Manik nodded a no before leaving the station.

He knocked the door or more like banged the door.
As soon as Nandini opened the door Manik attacked her like an animal.

He pushed her against the door holding her captive within the hold of his arms.

"Do you know how the fuck much was I worried?", he growled.

"I didn't want to waste time talking with people like you. So I left for the station", Nandini spat with equal temper.

" She isn't you daughter. She is ours. Mine and Soha's and you think we will be wasting our time talking. I was sorting the mess you made with her", Manik stated blankly.

'She isn't your daughter', these four words squeezed Nandini' s heart and broke and shattered and pierced it with thousand needles. Never had Manik's words or actions hurt her as much as those did.

"She isn't yours too. She is the daughter of Soha and Harshad, which she had while cheating on you, Manik.", tears streamed down her eyes as she stared back at Manik not trying to hide her emotions and showing the hurt and pain that Manik had causes her.

Not edited. Do point out the mistakes if you can. And rest you now, vote comment follow. Love you all.