Chapter 9

Manik remained seated at the back seat as the car halted in front of a large building. He peeped out through the car window to get a better view of the structure.

"Home sweet home", Nandini announced.

Manik glanced back at Nandini.
"This... Is .... My ... Home?", Manik asked stammering.

Nandini rolled her eyes at him while Manik peeped out again to have a look.

"Am I rich or what?", he asked Nandini.

"Yes of course you are wealthy, Manik. Or else why are you in a BMW.....", Nandini replied steeping out from the car.

Another Audi too halted by them. And out came Nyonika and Rishab with the two kids.

Manik placed his palm over the leather cover of the BMW feeling the royalty of the experience.

He leaned forward and patted the wheel and a grin curled up his lips....

"I own a freaking BMW...... A BMW..... Oh my God!!", Manik could barely contain his excitement as he stroked the features of the car.

Mannat and Ishq who had been hopping towards their daddy dear stopped in their tracks seeing the unusual behavior of Manik.

It was not a scene that they had came by. Yeah maybe Manik was enthusiastic and cheerful with his children but seldom did he danced in the middle of the street for having his own fancy car.

This wasn't just a sight for his babies but for his wife too.

Nandini was hell shocked seeing Manik like this. According to the situation Nandini had prepared herself for his immature acts but little was she aware of what Manik was capable of.

And Rishab was out of the whole picture. He was basically debating over the fact whether he would pick up his sister and her kids and just run away from the maniac.

The only one function able was Nyonika.

She half pulled, half dragged Manik up to the lift and the others followed. Nandini held Mannat while Ishq stayed with Rishab.

The kids watched their father with open mouths as Manik continued nagging like a pampared child, asking Nyonika to take him back to his dream car.

"Daddy....!", Ishq freed himself from Rishab and went to Manik. He held out his arms asking Manik to pick him up.

Manik stared at him trying to figure out his next move. He could feel all eyes on him. He bent down and picked up Ishq in his arms.

Ish wriggled a little and then settled in his arms comfortably. Then he poked his daddy's face with his little finger and asked," You want that car Daddy?",

Manik nodded his head giving a silent yes. The next moment Ishq supplied his free kisses to daddy's cheeks and said," When I will be bigger I will buy you lots of cars just like you do for me".

Manik couldn't help but laugh at the five year old baby boy's word. Though he had no memories of spending time with this cute little guy who have same eyes as his mother and the same curls as him, yet he had no confusions that he loved his children beyond limits and the feeling was mutual for the kids too.

Soon they reached their loft and everyone entered into the hall. Mannat hadn't let Nandini leave as she clung to Nandini. Even though Ish had mixed up very nicely with this new version of his daddy, it was not the same case for Mannat.

She kept her distance away from Manik. The new and changed Manik was completely alien to her. Mannat was neither able to ignore the changes like her brother nor was she capable to understand the things like Nandini.

She was stuck in the middle. She had been singlehandedly brought up by her daddy. Ever since the day she had been able to learn about her surroundings was able to interact with people around her, there was a constant being who was always beside her, guiding her protecting her.... And it was her daddy, Manik.

At the age of just seven, all she knew was that her daddy was sick and so he wasn't behaving in his normal way. Mannat had been missing her old daddy, her real daddy.

Nandini noticed Mannat being too much quite. She had barely talked to Manik where as in normal circumstances there wasn't even a second when you could spot the father daughter apart.

After dinner Nandini went into Mannat's room and found Mannat lying quietly on her bed.

"Hey, Manni..."

Mannat looked up at Nandini and replied lowly," hi momma...."

Nandini could feel her sadness in her tone. She knew Manik was already in a lot of stress and it would be better if she would handle Mannat. So Nandini settled on Mannat's bed and placed her head on her lap.

"Manni baby.....everything will be fine baby.....", Nandini cooed.

Mannat hugged Nandini and awhile later Nandini sensed the little girl crying.

"Manni..... Baby"...

"I want my daddy back..... Momma please...", Manni sniffed hugging Nandini tightly.

"I want daddy back"

Poof done with the next update tooo.

Now please start commenting and bring a smile on my face....

Till then happy reading.